By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox should hire these studios

Tagged games:

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

I pointed more at once that the reviews (both critics and users) weren't good.

And on the metacritic thread about SoT you were talking about the reviewers being wrong and the game being great, and if I'm not wrong you entered some metacritic threads of PS games to defend the reviewers that gave low scores.

I haven't pretended I did at any moment, and that is different than you that pretend to have played all PS5 exclusives, which you hated by standard while not having a console or account "I played all of them at a cousin". So don't you user ruler on others.

Anyway, if now you understand I was talking about how the game was poor at launch, that being ambitious doesn't make a game good, and that would be hard for SoT to be less ambitious than their games on SNES I don't have anything else to add. As I said, I'm glad you recognized several of the games were poorly handed by MS and you want external devs to work on them, even if you can't directly recognize it.

No you did not, that is a complete lie. You stated that SoTs wasn't good when i said SoTs is a very ambitious game. No reviews or scores were mentioned. You just flat out said the game wasn't good. 

Show evidence of your claims Don, i am calling you out on it. When did i say reviews are wrong? I also have the right to like SoTs like the other millions who liked it. I even stated in this very thread that i don't disagree with the reviews on release of SoTs. Also Rare made games on the Gamecube and Xbox, have you been living under a rock? SNES? What kind of garbage response is that.

Where did i say MS poorly handled their IPs? Evidence? You have to be trolling with these assumptions Don. You better have evidence to back up your claims.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9392954 as soon as you asked for more details I mentioned the reviews and reception.

Finding the metacritic thread in VGC would be a big work as the search function is horrible, but if you think you didn't defend the game and said the critics were wrong sure use whatever is best for you. You have every right to like or dislike any game for whatever reason (as do anyone else), still your taste or of any individual for the record doesn't change the quality of something. Anyone can also disagree of reviews and even their methods, but hardly when the meta is sub 80 the game is truly terrific or when it is over 90 it is borderline horrible. And from memory you were even called by mods when going to defend the poor reviews of some PS exclusives.

Nope I haven't been living under a rock. But even if you want to bring Viva Piñata (which I think was great at the time), I won't consider the games after that because for me they went really downhill until they flipped gears for SoT, the ambition of a big studio for a game on Series X (yes it released on X1 which is also a gen after X360 anyway and Viva Piñata almost a launch game and SoT close to a end gen game already planned to be on the next gen) would very hardly be smaller than on X360, dunno how you would dispute that (so they claiming it is their biggest game ever is hardly a new, but again what I was disputing was your claim that they wouldn't be doing platformer because they are more ambitious, and claiming Insominiac is less ambitious than Rare is kinda funny).

For me asking for another dev, a third party, to have been the developer of a game that they have launched (like Battletoads) is an admission of the game not being good, meaning poorly handed. And you even said that something is better than nothing, for me that isn't what you would say when something is already great.

Anyway I already said like 3 or 4 times that I'm out of this discussion but you keep calling me back.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 08 August 2022

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Side note: they already have a ton, but once the Activision deal closes, MS will have a shitload of old IP to draw from, if they want. Gamepass seems like it is a perfect place to launch AA-level games too. So, I imagine we'll see them dust off some of these old franchises.

VAMatt said:

Side note: they already have a ton, but once the Activision deal closes, MS will have a shitload of old IP to draw from, if they want. Gamepass seems like it is a perfect place to launch AA-level games too. So, I imagine we'll see them dust off some of these old franchises.

So many companies with great IPs on the vault but current leadership just rehashing a couple games =[ hope MS will change that for Acti.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They should hire Moon Studios (of Ori and the Blind Forest), to help Playground Games with Fable.

They are masters of music, ambiance and visual storytelling. Horizon games are great but they're not exactly profound. Moon Studios would be a slam dunk

DonFerrari said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9392954 as soon as you asked for more details I mentioned the reviews and reception.

Finding the metacritic thread in VGC would be a big work as the search function is horrible, but if you think you didn't defend the game and said the critics were wrong sure use whatever is best for you. You have every right to like or dislike any game for whatever reason (as do anyone else), still your taste or of any individual for the record doesn't change the quality of something. Anyone can also disagree of reviews and even their methods, but hardly when the meta is sub 80 the game is truly terrific or when it is over 90 it is borderline horrible. And from memory you were even called by mods when going to defend the poor reviews of some PS exclusives.

Nope I haven't been living under a rock. But even if you want to bring Viva Piñata (which I think was great at the time), I won't consider the games after that because for me they went really downhill until they flipped gears for SoT, the ambition of a big studio for a game on Series X (yes it released on X1 which is also a gen after X360 anyway and Viva Piñata almost a launch game and SoT close to a end gen game already planned to be on the next gen) would very hardly be smaller than on X360, dunno how you would dispute that (so they claiming it is their biggest game ever is hardly a new, but again what I was disputing was your claim that they wouldn't be doing platformer because they are more ambitious, and claiming Insominiac is less ambitious than Rare is kinda funny).

For me asking for another dev, a third party, to have been the developer of a game that they have launched (like Battletoads) is an admission of the game not being good, meaning poorly handed. And you even said that something is better than nothing, for me that isn't what you would say when something is already great.

Anyway I already said like 3 or 4 times that I'm out of this discussion but you keep calling me back.

You cherry picked a response after your initial response. You said "SoTs wasnt good" thats why we are having this debate. 

Asking for another dev does not mean MS have severally mishandled their IPs. Battletoads was a solid game, not a great game. Does not mean its poor by any means. You like GTSport for the exact same reasons someone likes SoTs.

Of course you want to bail, because you came in here flip flopping and twisting a thread and want to leave. You did that to the wrong person Don. 

I called you out and you showed ZERO evidence of your claims to back it up. Sorry thats no excuse. This isnt about the past either Don. Its about your horrible takes and using words like "Wasnt good" and "Mishandled Several studios" because i wanted MS to hire some great studios to make some IPs.

How do they hire studios like the team behind Collisto Protocol? I didnt even know they existed until now.

Go ask Rare why they don't make Playformers Anymore. Weather you like SoTs or not, its an extremly ambition game thats held up better than most and many love it.