By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Files Trademark for "NSW"

Just how many leaps are you taking to get yourself to that uh oh feeling?

After looking at the filing, this is likely just a means to protect the common NSW naming convention for the Nintendo SWitch.  It really wouldn't make sense otherwise given that the Nintendo Switch is well known as NSW for them to later utilize those very letters to reference anything else. 

Last edited by Renamed - on 30 June 2022

Around the Network

Since the trademark is applied in multiple aspect of their business, it’s definitely to secure the abbreviation and there’s nothing more to look into.

it isn't NSW2

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I mean with the Saudi Arabia incident, I feel like you're the emotional type so I can't really say anything to persuade you but it's not something to worry about. Plus even if it is for the "new hardware" why would this be bad? The Wii U failing wasn't the name, it was a marketing issue. Look at Xbox and PS, obviously different with how Nintendo does things but their names are also really wacky.

Obviously it is "Nintendo Switch Wardrobe", a code already hidden in Switch firmware to switch the wardrobe of every Nintendo character into something Saudi appropriate, no matter if it is the download or retail version of a Nintendo game.

Around the Network

A shame they didn't trademark NSFW. Wasted opportunity!

NSW, Nintendo Software Windows...MS is buying Nintendo everyone. It's happening.

CaptainExplosion said:
Renamed said:

Just how many leaps are taking to get yourself to that uh oh feeling?

After looking at the filing, this is likely just a means to protect the common NSW naming convention for the Nintendo SWitch.  It really wouldn't make sense otherwise given that the Nintendo Switch is well known as NSW for them to later utilize those very letters to reference anything else. 

I know, but it could still mean something new, and the past shows us that Nintendo has made some huge blunders with certain systems. Virtual Boy anyone?

Even if it meant something new, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a new console.  And even if it were a new console, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be a Virtual Boy.  

You pulled yourself though several layers of perceived negativity to arrive at your "uh oh" conclusion. 

It's obviously Nintendo getting ready to launch a "Not Safe (for) Work" line of games to compete against Atari's erotic lineup for the 2600.

I'm calling it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Nintendo Software West

Nintendo Switch Wide

Nintendo Switch Widget

Nintendo Sales Warehouse

No Soggy Waffles

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!