By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Until Further Notice, I Give Up

CaptainExplosion said:

Just letting you all know that I've given up on the world. Endangered species are dropping like flies. Sea levels are going to drown most of us. Chinese children make pretty much all our toys. Tyrants control our favorite video games. Rich people survive while the rest of us practically starve. Police brutality is normal. Mass shootings are increasing. Just fuck the world, let's just do whatever we want because nothing matters.

Unless things somehow get better I'm just giving up. If anyone needs me I'll be doing what I used to do before I realized the world is one big ball of shit and nothing will change that. I'm just tired of giving a fuck about who owns what or what comes from where.

You do you.  Take part in your world as best you can.  You will not solve all the world's problems.  If you tie your happiness to a general global happiness or rightness with the world you will be sure to have a very unhappy life.  Hopefully you are doing things in your own sphere that you feel good about.  Opening doors for people, being nice to those around you, calling your friends and family.

It is good to be educated about the world and all its failings, but you've got one ride on this spaceship and the things you are witnessing are not your fault.  Go outside, take nature hikes, learn new things that you find interesting.  Have a one on one with the land around you and consider how many billions of years its been going through changes.  Appreciate the minutes you get to spend being part of that creation and change.

I know you get really angry about a lot of things, and I know that's in your character.  I just hope you also take the time to get equally excited about the little stuff as well.  And if you're feeling neither excited nor angry and are just feeling "blah," that's ok as well.  We're all just going through it, whatever it is.

And maybe "giving up" on the things you've been focused on can be a good thing.  Sometimes it's nice not to care for a while.

If you're feeling like "giving up" in another way, then please make a phone call or see someone.  I don't think that's what you meant, but I don't want to leave this post without saying that.

Around the Network

Luffy just defeated Kaido, and you are giving up on the world? Unbelievable.

CaptainExplosion said:
Jpcc86 said:

Luffy just defeated Kaido, and you are giving up on the world? Unbelievable.

I never really gave a damn about One Peace so it doesn't mean anything to me. A lot of things don't now, actually.

Well, as they say in France: I give up. 

This is really about Nintendo.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

don't be poor

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Lol, relax and enjoy more

I mean this in the most respectful and serious way possible...maybe you should look into talking to someone for help. It just sounds like you might have a lot more to unpack than you might realize.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

CaptainExplosion said:

Just letting you all know that I've given up on the world. Endangered species are dropping like flies. Sea levels are going to drown most of us. Chinese children make pretty much all our toys. Tyrants control our favorite video games. Rich people survive while the rest of us practically starve. Police brutality is normal. Mass shootings are increasing. Just fuck the world, let's just do whatever we want because nothing matters.

Unless things somehow get better I'm just giving up. If anyone needs me I'll be doing what I used to do before I realized the world is one big ball of shit and nothing will change that. I'm just tired of giving a fuck about who owns what or what comes from where.

You are choosing to stop singing, dancing, and telling stories by the fire; because of a bunch of stuff that doesn’t have anything to do with you. 

CaptainExplosion said:
snyps said:

You are choosing to stop singing, dancing, and telling stories by the fire; because of a bunch of stuff that doesn’t have anything to do with you. 

I don't do those anyway.

Maybe that is the problem?

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

Maybe that is the problem?

No, the problem is the world sucks and we can't change it, so it's better to just say "Fuck it." and do whatever makes us happy.

Or maybe find a balance. Of course that balance could be simply not caring at all.