By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your sales expectations for 2022

Switch: 19M - 21M
PS5: 16M - 18M+
Series X/S: 9M - 12M+

Around the Network

PS5 11 MI? Are you expecting them to keep 200k a week even during christmas?

Is XBS going to be able to keep selling more than PS5? I don't see Sony being able to keep up with their forecast.

Switch: 21mil
PS5: 15-16mil
XBS: 14mil

Would be great to get official shipment numbers from Microsoft, we could then also get forecasts from them which could give us a better picture of their stock situation.

Switch: 20-22mil
PS5: 16-18mil
XBS: 15-17mil

I think production will increasethis year.

NSW: 19m

PS5: 14m

XBS: 12m

Last edited by jason1637 - on 18 May 2022

Around the Network

Made these predictions at the beginning of the year and I'm sticking to my guns:

• Switch - 24m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

The PS5 hasn't exactly been on track so far, but with Sony expecting to ship 18m for the FY, it might be all right after all.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Switch 21 million
Ps5 13 million
Xbox 14 million

With the Xbox having no big titles for the whole year, unlike Nintendo and probably Sony, here are my predictions:

- Switch: 22 million
- PS5: 17 million
- Xbox: 8 million

Switch: 19-20 million units (they said 21 millions for FY22 but iI expect they will fall short, just like they did with FY21)

PS5: Really hard to predict, somewhere between 12 to 17 million units.

Series X/S: another hard to predict, they could make a lot of bundles for the holidays or have a lot of shortages too. I'll give it somewhere between 8-12 million units.

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 18 May 2022

I don't have hard numbers but I think the ps5 and xse will sell similar numbers. And I don't think ps5 will be able to get as high as 18mil.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also