By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Ships 19.3 Million Units as of March 2022, 70.5 Million PlayStation Games Sold

yo33331 said:

is it normal for PS4 to be 116.81 sold till april 30th if the shipments are 117M till 30th of march ? (if PS4 makes around 15k per week this means around 117.06 shipped till 30th of april which is a gap of 250k on the storeshelves? for a console that is selling 15k per week isn't this much ?

I agree, that seems weird.

Around the Network
yo33331 said:

is it normal for PS4 to be 116.81 sold till april 30th if the shipments are 117M till 30th of march ? (if PS4 makes around 15k per week this means around 117.06 shipped till 30th of april which is a gap of 250k on the storeshelves? for a console that is selling 15k per week isn't this much ?

Just wondering have you seen any stores selling new ps4? I haven't seen any new ps4 where I live since like 2 years ago. They only sell pre owned 

Pionner said:
Mandalore76 said:

Here they are:

Stock doesn't magically go from the production line to the retailer within seconds.  I'm a Logistics Manager, and I deal with the problems of the global supply chain crisis every day.  My warehouse just took in 6 container loads yesterday (this is a lot for a small warehouse staffed by a total of 4 people) from the NY port that have to be shipped by road to South Carolina because the port in Charleston is so overburned it's actually faster to get the material delivered to our plant in SC by unloading in NY than shipping directly to the port in SC. 

If you don't understand the distinction between "shipped units" and "sold units" don't frequent a website that tracks sales.  Not everything is a conspiracy against Sony.  Every console manufacturer is being affected by the global supply chain disruption and the semiconductor chip shortage.  There's no need for you to accuse VGChartz of trying to make Sony look bad just because for some reason you are personally offended by the weekly numbers you see.

By your logic, we should already be tracking Sony's projected but unmanufactured units as sold units as well.  Why not lose all sales credibility and post a banner on the front page of the site proclaiming PS5 has already achieved 100 million sales just for funsies?  Because that's not how this site tracks console sales for any hardware manufacturer, that's why.  There's no agenda here.  

LMAO

Sony shipped means the retailer has them in their warehouse. They're not on boats and planes. You think when Sony does their financial reports and reports the amount of consoles they shipped It's still being delivered? They've already been sold to retailers and are stocked. In PS5 case this generation, all are sold out. So shipped is sold.     

It must be true cuz vgchartz told them so.

But anyways. The most I would give them is a couple of days from warehouse to store shelf. Not the ridiculous 3 weeks they have here.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Pionner said:

LMAO

Sony shipped means the retailer has them in their warehouse.

That is complete and utter nonsense. Plain and simple. You do not understand how mass manufactruing works, I do.

I think the PS4 numbers should be adjusted up a little bit from 116.81M (to date) to somewhere around 116.90 or 117M (when you take into account that by april 30th the total shipments units have to be around 117.06M)

Last edited by yo33331 - on 14 May 2022

Around the Network

Shipped means that Sony receives an order and it’s in transit or has been delivered. For example if Sony shipped out PS5s on March 25th and it takes 2-5 weeks to reach retailers throughout the world the consoles in transit would be counted towards their Q1 totals not Q2 because as far as Sony is concerned the consoles have already been ordered from them.

Last edited by jason1637 - on 14 May 2022

eva01beserk said:
Pionner said:

LMAO

Sony shipped means the retailer has them in their warehouse. They're not on boats and planes. You think when Sony does their financial reports and reports the amount of consoles they shipped It's still being delivered? They've already been sold to retailers and are stocked. In PS5 case this generation, all are sold out. So shipped is sold.     

But anyways. The most I would give them is a couple of days from warehouse to store shelf. Not the ridiculous 3 weeks they have here.

I have ordered stuff from Japan and it took more than 4 weeks to reach me in Germany. There's nothing ridiculous about it. The only way it's gonna take less than a week is through airfreight and that is more expensive.

eva01beserk said:
Pionner said:

LMAO

A couple of days from warehouse (Japan) to store shelves in the west by boat?

https://www.shiphub.co/shipping-from-japan-to-the-us/

"Ocean freight is also the slowest shipping option available when shipping from Japan to the US. On average, Japanese shipments arrive at the West Coast in 15-20 days. Ships arrive at ports located on the East Coast in 25-30 days."

Last edited by archbrix - on 14 May 2022

Kakadu18 said:
eva01beserk said:

I have ordered stuff from Japan and it took more than 4 weeks to reach me in Germany. There's nothing ridiculous about it. The only way it's gonna take less than a week is through airfreight and that is more expensive.

archbrix said:
eva01beserk said:

A couple of days from warehouse (Japan) to store shelves in the west by boat? Now that's ridiculous:

"Ocean freight is also the slowest shipping option available when shipping from Japan to the US. On average, Japanese shipments arrive at the West Coast in 15-20 days. Ships arrive at ports located on the East Coast in 25-30 days."

I know this is just straw man so I should not bother responding to you both. But to you and some of the guys here who are trying to twist the argument. Can I ask exactly if you guys think if its not obvious? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Kakadu18 said:

archbrix said:

A couple of days from warehouse (Japan) to store shelves in the west by boat? Now that's ridiculous:

I know this is just straw man so I should not bother responding to you both. But to you and some of the guys here who are trying to twist the argument. Can I ask exactly if you guys think if its not obvious? 

Uh, what straw man? Rol already schooled your boy here on Sony shipments:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9379094

And we just proved your couple of days wrong on shipping times.