By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Ships 19.3 Million Units as of March 2022, 70.5 Million PlayStation Games Sold

eva01beserk said:
archbrix said:

Uh, what straw man? Rol already schooled your boy here on Sony shipments:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9379094

And we just proved your couple of days wrong on shipping times.

At least i know you dont plan on being serious. saves me time. 

Are you trolling right now?

Like what is even going on here? Are you living in some kind of parallel world or what?

You make no sense.

Around the Network

Once you have provided your obviously correct statement with evidence and they respond with a one line dismissing comment... There is no winning.

eva01beserk said:

You guys are confused as to say that how a individual bought items counts as a corporation byuing in bulk is. Having worked on it myself for a time I can garanty any of you that theres no way Sony counta as sold any unit that's in a cargo ship to a retailer. A ratailer can buy a cargo ship full of a product and pay in advance but the seller does not count it as sold yet. For the main reason of quality control and schedule. Only at the receiving of the product does a company counts it as sold.

The best a company counts as sold is when it gets to a retailers where house. Thats the biggest time frame that the shipped to retailers is not yet sold to consumers. But once it hits a retailers where house its at most days away from actual stores.

You’ve been on this site too long to not know the difference between shipped and sold, you should be ashamed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ironmanDX said:

Once you have provided your obviously correct statement with evidence and they respond with a one line dismissing comment... There is no winning.

Some people can't accept that they're wrong.

ironmanDX said:

At that point it's either denial or stubbornness, or perhaps a bit of both?

The thing is, the PS5 is doing great and nobody is doubting the demand for it.  Why some people insist on some agenda by this site is beyond me.

Around the Network
yo33331 said:

I think the PS4 numbers should be adjusted up a little bit from 116.81M (to date) to somewhere around 116.90 or 117M (when you take into account that by april 30th the total shipments units have to be around 117.06M)

This is really splitting hairs, nobody cares if a consoles lifetime sales are off by 0.08%

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
yo33331 said:

I think the PS4 numbers should be adjusted up a little bit from 116.81M (to date) to somewhere around 116.90 or 117M (when you take into account that by april 30th the total shipments units have to be around 117.06M)

This is really splitting hairs, nobody cares if a consoles lifetime sales are off by 0.08%

I'd think that if the adjustments make sense, why not change them?

It highlights the accuracy of the site though. 

ironmanDX said:
zorg1000 said:

I'd think that if the adjustments make sense, why not change them?

It highlights the accuracy of the site though. 

That’s not what I’m saying, of course if there is data that suggests this sites numbers are off than they should be adjusted.

Random user saying “I think sales should be a fraction of a percent higher because I think that sounds better” however is not reason to adjust numbers.

yo33331 said:
zorg1000 said:

That’s not what I’m saying, of course if there is data that suggests this sites numbers are off than they should be adjusted.

Random user saying “I think sales should be a fraction of a percent higher because I think that sounds better” however is not reason to adjust numbers.

Guess what? There is data, the data is the official sony report about the shipment numbers for the quorter and I stated it in my previous post.

It is not because it's sounds better, it is because the site's data have to be more accurate and inline with the official Sony's data and numbers.

Hopefully this is a reason for you

Also I am just suggesting.

But what data is there to suggest there is 100k vs 190k on shelves/in transit?

Mandalore76 said:
holzi said:

Funny that in addition to VGChartz every single person on this Quora Question (https://www.quora.com/Does-shipped-mean-delivered), the Oxford English Dictionary(SHIPPED | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary) as well as Amazon use the term in the wrong way. Also interesting that Nintendo which certainly is in the same industry as Playstation also uses shipped and sell-through as two different metrics that can differ by millions (Nintendo: Switch Sell-Through Sales 'Has Surpassed 30 Million Units as of the End of January' (vgchartz.com), 190201_2e.pdf (nintendo.co.jp)).

But you certainly are much more intelligent than all those people combined.

What are you on about?  Please feel free to quote me where I said they don't.  We're talking about how VGChartz <---- tracks console sales, in that it leaves a gap to account for consoles not just on shelves but in transit.  The very specific post, that I very specifically quoted, insinuated that this is some sort of new practice that VGChartz is using to make it seem like less PS5's have been sold.  Read an entire quote and comprehend the context next time before you throw on your tin foil hat and join the VGChartz is anti-Sony brigade.

Pionner said:

"No offense....but this sounds like a new excuse. I don’t know whether to defend vgchartz always being inaccurate, or people doubting PS5 sales. 

Once again, you cannot use that method with PS5. Whatever Sony ships they sell. There’s no PS5 stock anywhere. It’s been 2 weeks since March 31st where this sites data reports. Even if I believed that assertion, all those “unites in transit” would have been sold already. 

More importantly, when Sony reports shipped, it’s shipped to retailers meaning they already bought them and is in their warehouses. Not that consoles are still in transit. So that fact automatically makes that “unit in transit argument” factually wrong."

Sorry, seems like I replied to the wrong comment. My argument was against the notion that shipped would in any case equal sold to end customers and I think that the evidence that this cannot be true is convincing. So if I understand correctly we are on the same page. Just wanted to provide some facts to end this endless arguing and replied to the wrong people.