By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unofficially Confirmed - MGS4 coming to 360

Kojima doesn't decide what console it goes on in the end though, he doesn't have the majority share in the Metal Gear product, Konami does. They can easily force him to fold. Everyone has this strange idea that Kojima controls everything Metal Gear, its quite honestly not the case. Sony also took out the reverse compatibility chip in Europe too so you're getting an inferior product, and its sales still aren't that impressive. Might I also remind you Europe is the weakest of the three regions so success there and there alone garantees them little more than the path Sega took.

Around the Network

I cant believe this keeps going . Kojima isnt working in any 360 version .Not a single line of code has been written .He is taking advantage to the limit he can of the Blu Ray storage ,Sixaxis controls ,7.1 sound ,Cell power .....Konami itself has said they are working on the game without thinking of making a port later down the line . Sony are producing the MGS film for gods sake . Peter Moore ,who anxiously waits every moment to stab Sony with announcements ,lies or FUD ,has recently stated that they did their best to receive versions for those games but that it was impossible due to private agreements within SOny and Konami and Square and loyalty of those towards Sony . So for the time being there is zero evidence of a possibility of this game coming to the 360 .Niente .Nada .Zero .Rien . This game is exclusive accept it .If there is a Substance/Subsistence version some year and a half later maybe just maybe it would be for PS3 and X360 at the same time ,and the X360 version would be heavyly downgraded .

Gballzack said:
Kojima doesn't decide what console it goes on in the end though, he doesn't have the majority share in the Metal Gear product, Konami does. They can easily force him to fold. Everyone has this strange idea that Kojima controls everything Metal Gear, its quite honestly not the case. Sony also took out the reverse compatibility chip in Europe too so you're getting an inferior product, and its sales still aren't that impressive. Might I also remind you Europe is the weakest of the three regions so success there and there alone garantees them little more than the path Sega took.

Europe the weakest of the regions ?

You must be a bit nuts .PS2 sold the most in Europe of the three markets ,DS and PSP are outselling the US market ,even Xbox was nearly equal here that in US .

Konami can say whatever they want that if Kojima doesnt start designing and coding with his team the game wont get done alone .Do you think Konami will lose such a valuable asset as Kojima and the support of Sony for the MGS film just because YOU and some other fanboys in internet thinks it could sell well in the X360 ,specially when MGS didnt do too well in the Xbox or PC first time ?

We keep the game .And you ....keep wishing and dreaming .

It would be easy for Konami to go around Kojima, he doesn't have the say. And please don't pretend you understand how their politics work.

If MGS4 gets ported to the 360, it probably won't even be Kojima's team that ports it. They usually have special dev teams that specifically do ports from one console to another.

Around the Network
Gballzack said:
It would be easy for Konami to go around Kojima, he doesn't have the say. And please don't pretend you understand how their politics work.

Gballzack, I have to point out, that you are one of the biggest xbots I have ever incountered.

You have posted numerous things (in this thread alone) which I would consider flame bait.

And why, oh why, are you so adament that this rumour be true? Do you seriously crave the downfall of Sony and the PS3 that much?

Actually Dallinor, she is a Nintendo Fanboy. Anyway, I still say the article is complete BS but I also agree that it's very likely it will be ported on a 6 month delay anyway. No, it's not wishful thinking. I don't even own an Xbox 360. I probably never will with it's ridiculous hardware issues. I just can't see Konami allowing a game that they have spent 10s of millions of dollars developing sell like crap on a system with a user base lower than 10 million (Sony will be lucky to have 8 or 9 million when MGS4 comes out next year). I mean for Christ's sake MGS3 only sold 4.5 million on a console with a 120 million user base (supposedly, I still say at least a quarter of these are replacement systems). Kojima's job is to develop the game. He would have NOTHING whatsoever to do with porting it. There are coders hired by companies who's job is to specifically port information to another system (Believe me, I'm a CGT major and am interested in doing this for a career).

Dallinor said:
Gballzack said:

Gballzack, I have to point out, that you are one of the biggest xbots I have ever incountered.

You have posted numerous things (in this thread alone) which I would consider flame bait.

And why, oh why, are you so adament that this rumour be true? Do you seriously crave the downfall of Sony and the PS3 that much?

I'm not advocating its true, just that there is a good possibility of it being an inevitability. I also don't own a 360 and never plan on owning one either.

rocketpig said:

Thanks for proving my point. While your average Joe can't PROVE that man landed on the moon, all verifiable evidence points to that being the case.

While no one outside of Sony can prove that they can't sell the PS3 for $300, all verifiable evidence points to that being the case.

actually no evidence points to that.

No one here know how much 65 nano chips, droping BR costs and lack of emotion engine will save on hardware production.

ADD the fact of BR domiation of hddvd, no one here knows how much BR success off sets PS3 costs short term or long term.

Blue3 said:
rocketpig said:

Thanks for proving my point. While your average Joe can't PROVE that man landed on the moon, all verifiable evidence points to that being the case.

While no one outside of Sony can prove that they can't sell the PS3 for $300, all verifiable evidence points to that being the case.

actually no evidence points to that.

No one here know how much 65 nano chips, droping BR costs and lack of emotion engine will save on hardware production.

ADD the fact of BR domiation of hddvd, no one here knows how much BR success off sets PS3 costs short term or long term.

Right, we don't "know". But we can "prove" it doesn't save 300 dollars, just as we can "prove" man landed on the moon. Why are you not getting it? Why are you even defending this?Let's put it this way: if the recent and inevitable reductions in manufactoring costs lower the cost of production by over 300 dollars in one fell swoop, that would be historically unprecedented.

Also, we know that BR is not dominating HD-DVD (it's likely to win, but it certainly isn't dominating yet), and we know that companies don't offset costs by pulling all the profits from other divisions. Sony won't say: "Well, we made a bunch of money in this division, so we can afford to bleed endless amounts of money in this other division." Do they invest -- and expect to take a loss -- on the PS3 console? Yes. Do they just pour the profits of all their other Sony divisions into the PS3 in hopes of increasing market share? Not if their share holders have any say in it.

And most importantly, no, we don't know how much the recent improvements drop production costs. But I bet a lot of us -- Rocketpig and I included -- can make educated guesses based on previous experience with hardware. Especially hardware outside the console market. I can tell you from my experience that a sudden drop of 300 dollars in manufacturing costs is almost impossible, and definitely unprecedented. Do I know the specific numbers? No, I can't prove what they are, but I can tell you from all historical evidence what the approximate reduction would be. Have I seen Buzz Aldrin's actual footprint on the Moon to verify he was there? No, I've never been to the Moon, either, but I can assume he was there because of the media coverage.

The evidence is there, Blue, you just don't like it. Historically speaking, 300 dollar reductions in production costs just don't happen for products of this kind. There's your evidence. If you can find any console that managed to lop 300 dollars off production costs from quick improvements of this kind -- or, in fact, any consumer electronic equipment priced 500-800 dollars -- I'll give you a cookie. Here's a hint: you won't find one. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">