By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unofficially Confirmed - MGS4 coming to 360

Dolla Dolla said:
I wasn't providing evidence for why MGS4 will come to the 360. Someone asked what Metal Gear games went where, so I found a list. And there are plenty of articles already posted that point to MGS4 possibly being a timed exclusive. Still rumors, but these rumors refuse to die.

Sure, because every blog copies the other.  When you do a google news search on something, you'll find the exact same qoutes in most of them with hardly any analysis usually.  The links get fun to follow, too, because 1 site will copy the 3rd so you have to follow 4 links to get to the original source.  Oddly, that original source is now removed.  Imagine that.

Of course, 360 owners want MGS4 because most likely it will be a great game, just like the others were.  Just get a PS3, though, because there is solid evidence it is PS3 exclusive.

Around the Network

sorry but ps2 sold about 3-4 times gamecube and xbox's combined total user base. Not only that but many GC/xbox users also owned a PS2. How can you make the comparison when currently PS3 has sold less than 1/3 as much as 360. Few people are going to actually buy PS3 and 360 it is just too expensive without enough benefits to have both. If you release it on 360 you will at least match the PS3 sales, but is likely to be much higher than that. How can Konami just forfeit that many sales on such an expensive game? The only reason i can think of is if sony is feeding them money to keep it exclusive.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Celb said:
FishyJoe said:
gebx said:
I love the math on these forums 60$ retail minus store profit minus Sony's Cut = $60 for Developer... Absolutly brilliant! i understand that it could make $30 million, but only a portion of that will go back to the developer.

These are the same people who think Sony can drop the price of the PS3 in half...

Can you prove that they can't ?

Can you prove that man has landed on the moon?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

johnsobas said:
sorry but ps2 sold about 3-4 times gamecube and xbox's combined total user base. Not only that but many GC/xbox users also owned a PS2. How can you make the comparison when currently PS3 has sold less than 1/3 as much as 360. Few people are going to actually buy PS3 and 360 it is just too expensive without enough benefits to have both. If you release it on 360 you will at least match the PS3 sales, but is likely to be much higher than that. How can Konami just forfeit that many sales on such an expensive game? The only reason i can think of is if sony is feeding them money to keep it exclusive.

It will sell great no matter what.  Already had a thread about this, though.  

In fact, we keep having the same arguments over and over for no reason.  There is no new news.

sony will be giving them money for the movie, so yeah... 

rocketpig said:
Celb said:
FishyJoe said:
gebx said:
I love the math on these forums 60$ retail minus store profit minus Sony's Cut = $60 for Developer... Absolutly brilliant! i understand that it could make $30 million, but only a portion of that will go back to the developer.

These are the same people who think Sony can drop the price of the PS3 in half...

As much as you can prove just about anything, yes.  A lot of actual news sources reported on it, you know.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Celb said:
FishyJoe said:
gebx said:

Can you prove that man has landed on the moon 

moon landing was fake, you know it.

Except Astronaughts left calibration mirrors on the moon which scientists use till this day proving beyond a doubt we landed on the moon.

The PS2 sold at a loss of about $50-$100 dollars and with phenomenal sales and boundless profit gains it took more than two years before the price even dropped $100 dollars.

The PS3 is selling at a loss of about $200-$250 dollars and with sluggish sales and a 2 billion dollar loss in revenue, how soon do you honestly think you'll see a price drop?

gebx said:

http://www.destructoid.com/mgs4-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360--31775.phtml

na-na-na-na-, na-na-na-na, hey-hey, Goodbye!

"There is no true date set for the release at this point, but November of 2008 has been mentioned. This is not set in stone as Konami is because working with Microsoft to bring the date forward as much as possible. MGS4 for the 360 will also come with exclusive content and gameplay that will not be in the PS3 version of the game."

WTF MGS4 for 360 u kiddin me, Kojima sated it himself the 360 suckz to much for MGS4, no point bringing up lies.

windbane said:
rocketpig said:
Celb said:
FishyJoe said:
gebx said:

As much as you can prove just about anything, yes.  A lot of actual news sources reported on it, you know.

Thanks for proving my point. While your average Joe can't PROVE that man landed on the moon, all verifiable evidence points to that being the case.

While no one outside of Sony can prove that they can't sell the PS3 for $300, all verifiable evidence points to that being the case.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Gballzack said:
MGS4 is probably going to be on the 360, there's no more certainty it will or won't at this point. FFXIII probably will stay an exclusive. Sony can't lower the price because they're already losing an estimated $250 a unit and if they report any more loses they could forfeit any support in their gaming division.
Sony is only losing in NA ,Japan no where else. Because a PS3 in Eu costs 599 euro and in $ its 811$ so they basically dont make any loss or profit there and after summer the price of blu-ray diode goes down by 100$ so they actually start making profit there. Kojima stated it MGS4 is only for PS3 there is no point disscussing and even if it comes out for 360 its going to come out a year later and the port would be sucks, so then u would have a fucking suck 360 version, because it was designed fot the PS3