By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unofficially Confirmed - MGS4 coming to 360

It'll be a timed exclusive. About a year after the PS3 version comes out, the 360 one will.

Around the Network

Its funny ......Kojima and Konami keep saying PS3 Exclusive and antisony fanboys hear louder and louder multiplattform ! Not even when proved all that news was bullshit they shout the mouth ! Listen boys Sony is producing the Metal Gear film for Konami that will cost 100 million dollar ,do you think they havent included some kind of contract over the exclusivity of this game ? Well ,we keep the game ....and the fanboys keep ...the rumours .

Well for anybody who says the 360 version will be inferior...the PS2 RE4 sold fairly well, and that looked crappier than the GC version...I'm pretty sure if MGS4 has only a little more aliasing or very slightly lower-res textures, 360 users won't care.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Diomedes1976 said:
Its funny ......Kojima and Konami keep saying PS3 Exclusive and antisony fanboys hear louder and louder multiplattform ! Not even when proved all that news was bullshit they shout the mouth ! Listen boys Sony is producing the Metal Gear film for Konami that will cost 100 million dollar ,do you think they havent included some kind of contract over the exclusivity of this game ? Well ,we keep the game ....and the fanboys keep ...the rumours .

Spiderman 3 was produced by Sony Pictures and there were Wii and XBox 360 versions of that (awful) game

One thing you have to understand is that very few games have any type of contractual exclusivity ... Most exclusive games are exclusive because the publisher does not see any real value in porting the game to another platform. There are exceptions, but they usually involve the transfer of large quantities of money and being that Sony was unwilling to pay Rockstar for GTA I'm pretty sure they didn't pay Konami.

Certainly Kojima said there wouldn't be an XBox 360 version but he really doesn't have the final say ... If Konami really wanted an XBox 360 version to increase sales they could give the completed project to another team to port it; this isn't that unusual and there are certain developers who focus on porting games from one platform to another.

Diomedes1976, would it bother you if Konami ported MGS4 to the 360?

Here are the two biggest "Oh Shit" moments that pretty much say Metal Gear will make it to the 360, albeit close to a year after the PS3 version:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159604
"I can tell you honestly at this point, we have not changed the game in any form with the idea of 'oh, we got to do this on 360.' Put aside whether or not we're developing for 360 or not, the game is built on the PS3 hardware, as you guys have known for the past two years or so."

http://www.destructoid.com/-cease-and-desist-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360-updated-for-internet-matlockery--31775.phtml%A0

Why would Ron Workman from Destructoid be issued a cease-and-desist to remove information from his post? They pretty much confirmed it. Now everyone is just waiting for an official announcement.

Around the Network

Personally I couldnt care less the boxers got as well the game .Even if they get it it will be maaany months later and probably a downgraded version so the game will do its objetive of selling a lot of hardware for the PS3 .Its just that with this kind of topics ....well it makes me not wanting it to be multiplattform more and more .Just for some to learn a lesson . What I dont get is how the game isnt in development for X360 (not a single line of code ) ,the developer says it wont go to X360 ,the publisher isnt making nearly any X360 games and the ones it is churning out are lame ports(and wait for PES 7 that was built with Cell and BR in mind ,and I wouldnt hope Silent Hill 5 to come to the X360 either ) that dont sell a dime ,Substance was a magnificent flop on the Xbox ....but you still belive it will appear in X360 because a xboxer blog says so or a declaration says that the game is being built for the PS3 solely without any compromise for porting it later . Some people have fixed ideas .MGS4 will come to the X360 .Sure .No doubt .Then Kojima appears and says no it isnt ,Konami says the game is exclusive and is being developed solely for the PS3 without making compromises for making easier to port it to another plattform later ......but no it cant be theres a lot of money there they must be talking bullshit the X360 version will came shortly and with improvements "fer sure " .Then Kojima says the game needs and will fill a 50Gb BR and that he is putting a lot of work in the Octocam effects that only the Cell is capable of rendering .That just makes the antisonier bunch to scratch their heads and say ..."what is he talking about ?" ," we read it was coming in a blog !" ,"why do he says weird stuff when we know it is coming ?" ,"cant that damn jap just close its mouth and let Konami announce the game for the X360 as we know it is happening ?" ... Its funny in a way ,but pathethic in other .

I don't get why you consider it pathetic though. The only reason this is a big deal is cause of Metal Gear's popularity. People want it to cross-platform cause it means more gamers get to enjoy it. It's funny, yes, cause you have people on both sides scrambling to squash any rumors or naysayers. It's funny cause people get so worked up, proving that MGS is still a major player. But pathetic? Nah. I think it's a complement to Konami. More importantly, PS3 gets it first and it's designed from the ground up with the PS3 in mind, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

These rumors have been debunked by Kojima several times, and this one has already been proved false.

While there is a chance the 360 may get the game sooner or later, the fact is none of these so called "Unofficial sources" are even remotely true. The fact that no respected gaming news source has even published this story is obvious to that fact.

But in the end you're right Dolla Dolla. No one is benefitting from this more than Konami, and either way, the PS3 still ends up with a highly impressive game.

I think its pathetic because it is as if this issue wastes 90% of the mental time of the boxers .....boxers that by the way didnt buy the Xbox game that sold horribly and continue to downplay MGS4 while it isnt announced in its console . Apparently "they dont want it ,its only to laugh at sony fanboys " but yet the spend hours and hours in fake news writing their opinions on why it will be released on their console etc etc .Its a bit sad ,what happens that they dont have any good game in perspective and have to give the most of their attention to a exclusive of the other console ? If people want MGS4 buy a PS3 ,thats the safest way to play the game .And as it will be released next year the console will have its price cut by then .

Dolla Dolla said:
Diomedes1976, would it bother you if Konami ported MGS4 to the 360?

Here are the two biggest "Oh Shit" moments that pretty much say Metal Gear will make it to the 360, albeit close to a year after the PS3 version:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159604
"I can tell you honestly at this point, we have not changed the game in any form with the idea of 'oh, we got to do this on 360.' Put aside whether or not we're developing for 360 or not, the game is built on the PS3 hardware, as you guys have known for the past two years or so."

http://www.destructoid.com/-cease-and-desist-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360-updated-for-internet-matlockery--31775.phtml%A0

Why would Ron Workman from Destructoid be issued a cease-and-desist to remove information from his post? They pretty much confirmed it. Now everyone is just waiting for an official announcement.

That confirmed something alright.  It confirmed it's fake.  That's not how cease-and-desist orders work.  First of all, you CAN'T issue a cease and desist on a rumor posted on the internet.  It's freedom of information and he has every right to say that.  Even if you COULD, no one gives-a-crap about a smalltime site like Destructoid.   They certainly wouldn't waste any part of their lives issuing a cease-and-desist.  To add to that, if he had: he would have been forced to pull the article not edit out too words.  That is complete BS created just to make the article look truer.

Now, this article is complete bullshit, but I would say there is at least a 75% chance the 360 is getting MGS4 on a 6 month delay.  Still, don't listen to stuff from a bullshit site like Destructoid.  You guys are suckers.