By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unofficially Confirmed - MGS4 coming to 360

LOL @ people thinking Dtoid is some random blog with no "insider" ties. And I bet those same people read joystiq.... In other news, I just saw captain obvious fly by

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

It's all crap. Sony made few big mistakes with exclusives (especially GTA4 and AC) and I don't believe they will make one more on this ground. They were too proud - it's true. Now with poor sale they have to convince gamers that this awesome machine is worth all this cash. If they can't secure really outstanding games (and I'm sure MGS4 is outstanding) they will lose. Sony has extremely strong first party lineup but it's not enough.

MGS4 and FFXIII will stay PS3's exclusives be sure of this, not only because of Sony interest in this matter but also because these particular titles can't be ported (without cuts). If they will directly port them I buy X360 instead of PS3 because for me it's all about games.

MGS4 is probably going to be on the 360, there's no more certainty it will or won't at this point. FFXIII probably will stay an exclusive. Sony can't lower the price because they're already losing an estimated $250 a unit and if they report any more loses they could forfeit any support in their gaming division.

Gballzack said:
MGS4 is probably going to be on the 360, there's no more certainty it will or won't at this point. FFXIII probably will stay an exclusive. Sony can't lower the price because they're already losing an estimated $250 a unit and if they report any more loses they could forfeit any support in their gaming division.

Only official statement as for today is Kojima's affirmation that MGS4 is PS3 exclusive. I don't expect lower price. I will pay. 

kber81 said:

If they will directly port them I buy X360 instead of PS3 because for me it's all about games.

Um ... I know you are a Sony fan, and it would be a big blow to Sony if they lost exclusivity of MGS4, but I doubt you'd switch over to the 360 if it was ported entirely. Aren't you looking forward to Lair, Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and the possibility of God of War 3?

Besides, as the days go on and on, this rumor keeps getting new life. And a rumor ain't a rumor if it doesn't die.

More fodder for the flames: http://www.destructoid.com/-cease-and-desist-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360-updated-for-internet-matlockery--31775.phtml 

Around the Network

@ Dolla Dolla

Hmm... I'm a Sony fan but I don't think X360 is a piece of crap. I prefer PS3 over X because of outstanding games... (MGS4 definitely is a part of this category). X was always only a runner-up but now it really attracts devs. It's not a kid to beat any more.

Probably you are right,  I overreacted with switch over to X360 but I do believe Sony has to keep games like MGS4 only for PS3 - they want an extra money so they have to offer an extra content. No excuses here. It can't be only X with Blu-Ray. I will buy PS3 soon (June) so all this rumour makes me angry - It's a lot of money especially in my country.

mgs4 is only for ps3.

PLAYSTATION®3

dam this thread is still going?!?..... if sony loses MGS4 as an exclusive or FF or even as time exclusive... i will be rebuying a 360 for the 3rd time... because the system wont sell without those games... every metal gear solid game has sold dam near 4 million in its lifespan.. if sony is dumb enough to lose those sales numbers im bouncin...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Bonafide732 said:
dam this thread is still going?!?..... if sony loses MGS4 as an exclusive or FF or even as time exclusive... i will be rebuying a 360 for the 3rd time... because the system wont sell without those games... every metal gear solid game has sold dam near 4 million in its lifespan.. if sony is dumb enough to lose those sales numbers im bouncin...

lol they are dumb, your the one that would take a inferior 360 version over the best version.

I remember being shocked hearing that resident evil 4 was going to the gamecube, therfore if mgs4 was to be ported over to the 360 then i wouldnt be supprised in the least

I dont think it'll come out at the same time as the ps3 version tho, im thinking a substance version

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend