By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unofficially Confirmed - MGS4 coming to 360

Celb said:
Bonafide732 said:
dam this thread is still going?!?..... if sony loses MGS4 as an exclusive or FF or even as time exclusive... i will be rebuying a 360 for the 3rd time... because the system wont sell without those games... every metal gear solid game has sold dam near 4 million in its lifespan.. if sony is dumb enough to lose those sales numbers im bouncin...

lol they are dumb, your the one that would take a inferior 360 version over the best version.

understand what i was saying please... Metal Gear is a system seller.. i think all of us agree with that... why would sony let it be multi ??? timed exclusive makes sense... but not at the same time...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

There is no chance in hell MGS4 will be on 360 with in 6 months of the PS3 release. Maybe a year later Konami will force Kojima to agree to a 360 port, but we all know he hates ports and 360 less capable hardware will mean an inferior game. That will piss of 360 owners (no one likes a mediocre ports) and sales will be a failure.

Dolla Dolla said:
Metal Gear Solid was released for PC.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes was released for the Gamecube.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance was released for Xbox and PC.

I'll be more surprised if MGS4 doesn't come to the 360.

MGS3 didn't, plus the releases on xbox and GC never sold well (can anyone find these figures? I'm curious), so it's just a waste of Kojima's time. If xboxers never bought the game before, why would they buy it now? Most just want it to lose exclusivity with sony because they are a$$holes, and have no intention of EVER buying it.

EDIT: This isn't directed at you, just commenting on your assessment. :)

you guys do realize that there was much much much larger PS2 userbase back then right? Now its the opposite with PS3. There are more 360s out there. Doesn't it make much more sense (and profit) to port MGS4 to 360 than MGS2 to GC / Xbox??? Not to mention software sales are much better on 360 than PS3. IF they released a PS3 and 360 version at the same date I wouldn't be suprised if the 360 sold more copies.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

vizunary said:
Dolla Dolla said:

MGS3 didn't, plus the releases on xbox and GC never sold well (can anyone find these figures? I'm curious), so it's just a waste of Kojima's time. If xboxers never bought the game before, why would they buy it now? Most just want it to lose exclusivity with sony because they are a$$holes, and have no intention of EVER buying it.

EDIT: This isn't directed at you, just commenting on your assessment. :)

Maybe because the game sold less than its predecessors? And why would the "boxers" buy It now? Well, having a larger install base than the original xbox might have something to do with it. Also, MGS fans seeing this game on a console thats $200 less might lead them to picking it up for the 360.

Anyways, workman knows his shit and has had some spot on "predictions" in the past. And last night he revealed more about this on vent - he does know people at MS and has gotten some great info like this before.

Plus, this is hysterical

"Dear Internet Matlocks,

You cracked the case; good work. I understand that going to every [Logging] industry event, [----edited----], speaking to someone at [insert company here] and knowing this has been in the works for months, could not possibly make me as qualified as the forum post you made from your

A. Dorm room

B. Mom's basement

C. Cell block"

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
ihira said:
you guys do realize that there was much much much larger PS2 userbase back then right? Now its the opposite with PS3. There are more 360s out there. Doesn't it make much more sense (and profit) to port MGS4 to 360 than MGS2 to GC / Xbox??? Not to mention software sales are much better on 360 than PS3. IF they released a PS3 and 360 version at the same date I wouldn't be suprised if the 360 sold more copies.

Would you buy it? Again, anyone got the number of MGS2 sold on xbox? Or are those numbers not relevant? Did it even sell 500k copies, and why didn't MGS3 go over to the xbox?

They're not relevant because of an entirely different install base. PS2 had a huge install base over GC/Xbox = their ports sold poorly. Konami didn't bother porting MGS3. PS3/360 is a completely different story. You're assuming a 360 MGS4 would do as bad as MGS2 just because they sold most on PS2. Or do you think that 360 owners are not interested MGS4?

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Dolla Dolla said:

Really?  Then why wasn't MGS3 on the Xbox or PC or Gamecube?  Huh?

A special version of MGS3, called Subsistence, came out...on the PS2.

So your evidence was a little incomplete, wasn't it? 

I wasn't providing evidence for why MGS4 will come to the 360. Someone asked what Metal Gear games went where, so I found a list. And there are plenty of articles already posted that point to MGS4 possibly being a timed exclusive. Still rumors, but these rumors refuse to die.

Dolla Dolla said:
Diomedes1976, would it bother you if Konami ported MGS4 to the 360?

Here are the two biggest "Oh Shit" moments that pretty much say Metal Gear will make it to the 360, albeit close to a year after the PS3 version:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159604
"I can tell you honestly at this point, we have not changed the game in any form with the idea of 'oh, we got to do this on 360.' Put aside whether or not we're developing for 360 or not, the game is built on the PS3 hardware, as you guys have known for the past two years or so."

http://www.destructoid.com/-cease-and-desist-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360-updated-for-internet-matlockery--31775.phtml%A0

Why would Ron Workman from Destructoid be issued a cease-and-desist to remove information from his post? They pretty much confirmed it. Now everyone is just waiting for an official announcement.

We already had a thread with that comment in it.  I actually listened to the podcast and the 1up your podcast with the guys that were in the original, and none of them believe that Konami is currently working on a 360 version.  That comment you keep quoting is saying that they havent even taken into consideration developing it for 360.  Please understand that.  The guys that were actually talking to him know.  They said they believe there might be a version later on but probably about a year later if anything.  Right now Konami isn't working on it.

If there is a special edition it will be released on the PS3 as well just like Substance (MGS2) and Subsistence (MGS3), and it will be a year or so after.

I think someone else mentioned the Spiderman 3 movie and how the games were on every system.  Well, that's because the license isn't Sony's, obviously.  However, if Sony is specifically going out of their way to promote a new movie for MGS, you don't think Konami is going to favor Sony in that?  And, as you know, the Collector's Edition of Spider-man 3 was only on PS3.  That had an extra playable character.

Kojima has confirmed several times it's exclusive.  I'm not sure why you guys believed this rumor that was basically a copy of the Substance rumor, but whatever. 

The hate of Sony is ridiculous.   The comments with whoever it was saying he agrees with John Lucas (the know-it-all) that MGS4 won't be on the PS3 at all needs to seek help.  Seriously.