By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Restock Boosts Sales, Switch Sales Top 107M - Global Hardware Apr 10-16

i just noticed the front page graph is now more accurate. Nice.

Around the Network

[Insert arbitrary Nintendoomd comment here]

Thank you and your staff for all your hard work trunkswd

PS5 had a good week. Their Europe numbers are almost tied with Switch. Meanwhile Switch and XBox came down. I am still at the point where I can't tell if there are hardware shortages for Switch. Was the drop this week due to a shortage somewhere in supply or maybe the sales effect of PLA and Kirby are starting wear off? I can't tell. If software is the issue though, Switch has plenty more titles coming this year. Switch Sports is not far away.

Finally some more stock for the PS5.

Switch now less than 10 million from passing PS4.

Around the Network

First time seeing Xbox outsell PS in Oceania in a long time. What happened there this week?

The_Liquid_Laser said:

PS5 had a good week. Their Europe numbers are almost tied with Switch. Meanwhile Switch and XBox came down. I am still at the point where I can't tell if there are hardware shortages for Switch. Was the drop this week due to a shortage somewhere in supply or maybe the sales effect of PLA and Kirby are starting wear off? I can't tell. If software is the issue though, Switch has plenty more titles coming this year. Switch Sports is not far away.

The Siwtch does have shortages but it's the easiest console to buy along with the Series S. If you wanted nay of the two today for retail you'd be able to buy one within an hour. But for the Series X and PS5 the same can't be said on a consistent basis.

Thanks, Sony! I got mine!! Been playing with it for an hour now.

jason1637 said:

First time seeing Xbox outsell PS in Oceania in a long time. What happened there this week?

Series S has been in stock for a long time, there have been about 5 batches (big ones) of Series X lately and PS5 only received about 1-2 in the whole year, 1 including this week.

curl-6 said:

Switch now less than 10 million from passing PS4.

i think i remember you saying the exact same number, for the 3DS. But yeah, people called us crazy back in the day. I should review my old posts