By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Restock Boosts Sales, Switch Sales Top 107M - Global Hardware Apr 10-16

I wonder if Sony and Microsoft executives are secretly asking themselves if the next-gen consoles could have been delayed to Nov. '21 or even '22.

I've been a lucky adopter of the PS5 at release (lucky meaning just for the sake of purchasing a unit), but it really feels not like the next-gen has really started yet (mostly old engines + framerate patch, incomplete feature set (at least PS5, VRR, ALLM, etc.), cross-gen titles, HDMI 2.1 capped, chip shortage, etc.)

Around the Network

Switch just a smidge less in market share over last year.
Playstation and Xbox close to switching places.

No comments other than pointing that out.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Maynard_Tool said:
curl-6 said:

Switch now less than 10 million from passing PS4.

i think i remember you saying the exact same number, for the 3DS. But yeah, people called us crazy back in the day. I should review my old posts

I probably did haha. Time is really flying, it doesn't feel like that long ago that Switch overtook the 3DS, and since then it's blasted passed the PSP, GBA, 360, PS3, PS1, and Wii.

Not bad for a system many declared would be DOA.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

I probably did haha. Time is really flying, it doesn't feel like that long ago that Switch overtook the 3DS, and since then it's blasted passed the PSP, GBA, 360, PS3, PS1, and Wii.

Not bad for a system many declared would be DOA.

Aaaah ... I remember my "optimist" prediction of it's sales when we only learned about it. I thought it would sell 60M-70M ... We're soon to be 40M over that mark xD

Yup, I predicted 75 million solely based on the fully unified concentration of the Nintendo's development on one system.

That was also quite an optimistic prediction at the time. I do wish I could find that thread...

That’s nothing.

I predicted 40M lifetime with half in Japan. At least the last part was decently close (okay also not really).

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Finally some more stock for the PS5.

So we weren't remiss to think it had anything to do with the stock shortages? 

KManX89 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Finally some more stock for the PS5.

So we weren't remiss to think it had anything to do with the stock shortages? 

Wdym?