By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 launches July 29

Tagged games:

I noticed some things immediately since the first trailer. This second trailer reaffirmed my suspicion.

Character movements, running, etc seem sped up/faster than previous games. The environments look huge and interconnected that actually got me so excited.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Hopefully the final boss doesn't require grinding to around level 100 like in XC2.

What? It's been three years since I beated the game, but I would say I was at around level 70. No grinding at all, I got that level from just doing the story and the secondary missions I felt like doing. Just went straight for it and beat it second try. 

What Blades were you using? Did you understood the combat (the whole specials > orbs > Chain Attack; Break > Topple, etc)? Did you have one or more healers? Did you use food? 

CaptainExplosion said:
Vodacixi said:

What? It's been three years since I beated the game, but I would say I was at around level 70. No grinding at all, I got that level from just doing the story and the secondary missions I felt like doing. Just went straight for it and beat it second try. 

What Blades were you using? Did you understood the combat (the whole specials > orbs > Chain Attack; Break > Topple, etc)? Did you have one or more healers? Did you use food? 

The only way I knew how to use food was to give it to certain blades to increase Affinity Points or whatever it's called.

Food gives you all kinds of temporary stats increases and also some bonuses.

It seems that this has a dodging mechanic (look at around 0:15)

Link_Nines.XBC said:

This is maybe the first time I've seen a Nintendo game using motion blur. Makes a big difference to combat animations

Around the Network
Otter said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

This is maybe the first time I've seen a Nintendo game using motion blur. Makes a big difference to combat animations

I believe Xeno X already used Motion Blur.  Not sure about 2 though... 

BTW, it's just me... Or does the grass disappears when the character is about to make contact with it? So weird xD

Vodacixi said:
Otter said:

BTW, it's just me... Or does the grass disappears when the character is about to make contact with it? So weird xD

Their aura and chakra is so high that it flattens the grass around them.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I think the biggest limiter for me playing the WiiU/Switch releases thus far has actually been the visual/art style, I don't seem to be able to get more than a few hours into it before I move onto something else.
I think a more stylized visual style would be more beneficial.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Vodacixi said:
Otter said:

X used a motion blur...sort of.  It was mostly just on the edges of the screen iirc to enhance camera motion and very rudimentary.

Xenoblade 2 actually has per object motion blur, most noticeable in cutscenes.  Xenovlade DE I think had the same setup.  So it makes sense 3 would have this feature.

I wonder if you can switch the controlled character on the fly only during field exploration or also while battling.