By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloomberg: Sega Developing Big-Budget Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio Reboots

The Fortnite killer!

Around the Network

Looking forward to try-out F2P Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio

Not sure how you could make Jet Set Radio as a live service, maybe an always online city?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this at all. But, I'll withhold judgement till all the info from Sega releases because I'm just happy both IPs get a new chance at life!

Reboot but like Fortnite... ewww is my knee jerk reaction.

Obviously would prefer something not games as service but I think the Jet Set Radio World could be a thriving online environment

Around the Network

....but why?

A little late but ngl.. I'd love it if both franchises makes a come back. Crazy the last JSR release was back in the OG Xbox era lol.

They should also remaster JSR Future while they're at it :PP

I hope these reports are true, but I no longer consider Bloomberg to be a credible source for gaming news after the whole "4k Switch" debacle.

hinch said:

A little late but ngl.. I'd love it if both franchises makes a come back. Crazy the last JSR release was back in the OG Xbox era lol.

I was shocked that JSRF wasn't added to Xbox's BC catalog. I really wonder what's holding the game back from being released on anything other than the OG Xbox? Because it's completely within Sega's power to do so. Especially if they're working on rebooting the IP. 

gtotheunit91 said:
hinch said:

I was shocked that JSRF wasn't added to Xbox's BC catalog. I really wonder what's holding the game back from being released on anything other than the OG Xbox? Because it's completely within Sega's power to do so. Especially if they're working on rebooting the IP. 

Didn't check it up before though it seems like music licenses are probably the main reason why - https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/pistonhyundai/blog/why-youre-probably-never-seeing-jet-set-radio-futu/129903/. They used a few tracks from Grand Royal (record company) that got shuttered and now owned by several different companies.

The music did make up a lot of the game (at least imo). So.. theres that. Sad we never not the game again outside of the original Xbox.