By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloomberg: Sega Developing Big-Budget Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio Reboots

I'll take any new Cray Taxi or Jet Set Radio at this point. OG Crazy Taxi had one of the best soundtracks ever:

Around the Network

I would love a new Crazy taxi, yet as a live service, and with this https://www.eurogamer.net/sega-says-it-is-a-natural-extension-for-future-games-to-include-cloud-gaming-and-nfts No Fucking Thanks.

hinch said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I was shocked that JSRF wasn't added to Xbox's BC catalog. I really wonder what's holding the game back from being released on anything other than the OG Xbox? Because it's completely within Sega's power to do so. Especially if they're working on rebooting the IP. 

Didn't check it up before though it seems like music licenses are probably the main reason why - https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/pistonhyundai/blog/why-youre-probably-never-seeing-jet-set-radio-futu/129903/. They used a few tracks from Grand Royal (record company) that got shuttered and now owned by several different companies.

The music did make up a lot of the game (at least imo). So.. theres that. Sad we never not the game again outside of the original Xbox.

Yeah, that sounds about right, but Scrapking on this site pointed out that Xbox can at least add JSRF to BC (disc required) That's what they did with 50 Cent: Blood In the Sand, so despite the music license issues, if you have the disc, you can play the game on Xbox One and Xbox Series. JSRF was already made backwards compatible on 360. 

But I have a feeling the issues you pointed out with several different companies being involved may have made things a bit more complicated than the 50 Cent game.

90s and early 2000s was the best Sega, as far as content is concerned (not their console market blunders).

I doubt they can ever reach the height of their glory years, but I will not complain if they recognize what that era was to them and try to replicate it.

I want to be excited but also scared of how they might ruin it. All I want in a modern JSR is just to take JSRF and make it open world. Not massive or anything. Just combine the size of every region in JSRF in one big varied area. Crazy Taxi I'm not sure on. The first game was a wonderful novelty and I still love it to this day. After the first game I'm just meh on the sequels. The other thing about CT that made it special at the game aside from it's unique concept was the fact it was a technical showpiece for the then Nextgen of consoles power.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I believe they want to remake these games as live services. I think it’s a lie that these would be big budget. What kind of budget do you all think Sega can come up with?