By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Series X|S Sales Top 14 Million Units - Global Hardware Apr 3-9

I want to confirm something... Is the OLED having stock issues? Cause I want to get one, and, damn, I don't find any one... It is only me and my environment? Or is it actually more global?

Around the Network

Xbox Series sales in America are something else.

trunkswd said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Xbox Series sales in America are something else.

It looks like it won't last as the second week of April didn't have nearly as much stock as we saw for the last several weeks. Even this week saw a drop in sales in the Americas.

Do you think we will see PS5 taking back the second place in America anytime soon?

I'd say ps5 and xbox will be seesaw-ing back and forth for another year or so
The switch will remain in the lead unless those joycon drift lawsuits catch up to nintendo and they are forces to take it off sale until its been resolved

Everything is down WoW. I guess that is normal when entering April. In spite of all that, I think XBox continues to impress. It continues to have a good lead over PS5 in the Americas each week and in Europe it's extremely close. I am actually more impressed with how XBox is doing in Europe than I am with their performance in the Americas. That is supposed to be Playstation's home turf.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Do you think we will see PS5 taking back the second place in America anytime soon?

No. Even if Sony were to have the same amount of silicon available, Microsoft will be able to produce more consoles as the Series S requires less silicon. And chances are MS have been willing to pay more for access to more silicon.

Microsoft also doesn't have to ship many units to Japan, and they are catching up to demand in Europe. So they are now free to ship the bulk of their units to the US. That's not the case for Sony.

But even if both companies had plentiful supply, I think MS would be neck and neck, or even in the lead in NA week by week. Even during their weak XB1 generation Sony only managed to beat them by 20% in NA console sales (as per VCG), and MS hasn't made any significant blunders this gen.

Man, Sony can't catch a break. It's a shame to see both PS5 and XS drop back to low levels after a few weeks of encouraging sales.
Switch still above 300k during a lull is nice to see at least.

PaulPortland said:

I want to confirm something... Is the OLED having stock issues? Cause I want to get one, and, damn, I don't find any one... It is only me and my environment? Or is it actually more global?

We know from Famitsu that the OLED model sells 30 % less than usual for 2 weeks. If the OLED model has stock issues in Japan maybe it's also worldwide.

Maybe Nintendo is also holding back some hardware for the Nintendo Switch Sports launch at the end of April.

So the PS5 has fallen behind the Switch and if stock doesn't pick up for it properly soon then it's gonna fall behind permanently a lot faster than the PS4 did.

Norion said:

So the PS5 has fallen behind the Switch and if stock doesn't pick up for it properly soon then it's gonna fall behind permanently a lot faster than the PS4 did.

Yeah, PS5 is falling behind Switch and this was probably Switch's weakest sales period in relative terms.  Once we get near Switch's  next holiday season then it's going to pull significantly ahead of PS5, and PS5 will never get a decent chance to catch up again.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 20 April 2022