By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you still own your first video game? Which game was it?

I do not, I'm not sure what happened to the games I owned on PS1 when I was a kid. I'll just assume they got lost in some endless void and will never be seen again.

Edit: If memory serves right, my first game was Crash Bandicoot 2 and I do not still have that game. 

Around the Network

The first game I think I personally picked out was Mario Kart 64 that I think I picked out when I was around 10 which was somewhere around 2002-2004. It still had the price tag ($26) from that day until a couple years ago when I went through my collection and realized my SNES and N64 games had some corrosion so cleaned them all up including the consoles. Before that game though when I played video games all I had was my dad's SNES with a copy of Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country and I still to this day think they are both some of the best games ever made.

Yup. The Mario Bros Track n Feild/Duck Hunt Cart came with my NES and with the better grey Zapper.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I have the first game I ever owned. Which is Super Mario Bros. Dont have the first I ever played though. That was on my brothers Atari I think.

I think the first game I owned was Super Mario Land and I still have a copy of that game, although it isn't the same copy I had back in the day.

Around the Network

Yes, with a workaround, it was Super Mario Bros on the NES, I had to get it free on the switch, because I'm not into the subscription idea to have my games. I'd gladly buy it if it was available.

Atari 2600 with Superman oddly enough... Ran that baby on a little 14" black and white TV so couldn't even enjoy the up-to 128 colours possible on screen at the time.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

My first game was Mario 64 given to me as a Christmas gift in 1996 along with Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey also for the 64. Yes, I still own both games. In fact, I still own basically every game that I have ever bought from that point on except for a few very rare cases. I sold a few of my Pokemon games in the early 2000's but bought most of them again 10 years later. The only games that I truly and permanently got rid of was a couple of non-mainline Pokemon games (Pokemon Pinball, etc) and Tonic Trouble for the N64. It takes a lot for me to want to get rid of a game, it truly has to be an awful game. Even a game like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which I found to be pretty disappointing for an RPG, I still want to hang on to as I may give it another try one day...

Pemalite said:

Atari 2600 with Superman oddly enough... Ran that baby on a little 14" black and white TV so couldn't even enjoy the up-to 128 colours possible on screen at the time.

I had that too, I could never get past the bridge... Was my Dad's game and I was young but still. I just remember some bridge blowing up and you having to find pieces of it.

Never found them.

We got a couple of games for the PC my parents bought but the only one I remember is Total Annihilation but I have no idea what happened to that game.

For console games the first one me and my siblings got was the N64 and I still have that and DK64 that we got with it.