By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Switch Online Overview Trailer

Is the current Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack worth it yet?

I had it day 1 6 18.75%

I recently purchased it 4 12.50%

I still need more content 11 34.38%

I have no interest at all 11 34.38%

Total:32
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Do you keep the DLC even if the subscription expires?

No.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

One question about the DLC included in the NSO expansion pack. Do you keep the DLC even if the subscription expires?

Why would that be the case? You only keep certain items in Animal Crossing that you bring over from the DLC to your island.

Conina said:
GoOnKid said:

The value is certainly there for me. The biggest complaint I see is the price but then why not just use the family deals?

Because nobody else in my family has a Switch.

Friends are fine, too. Three of the seven other people in my family group are friends of my cousin, and I never spoke to them in person and have no clue who they even are. They still pay their share every year and that's all that matters.

GoOnKid said:
Conina said:

Friends are fine, too. Three of the seven other people in my family group are friends of my cousin, and I never spoke to them in person and have no clue who they even are. They still pay their share every year and that's all that matters.

It's a family membership, not a family & friends & strangers membership.

Kakadu18 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

One question about the DLC included in the NSO expansion pack. Do you keep the DLC even if the subscription expires?

Why would that be the case? You only keep certain items in Animal Crossing that you bring over from the DLC to your island.

Just what I feared. Those included DLC packages are then absolutely useless for me, as I prefer owning my games.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Conina said:

Why everyone point fingers when people pirate game but are okay with breaking the terms of subscription services that clearly state they are for members of families who live at the same house? Not only with games, but people do this all time with streaming services 

Not judging, because I really don't care, merely curious because I fail to understand the reasoning behind such distinction 

IcaroRibeiro said:
GoOnKid said:

Why everyone point fingers when people pirate game but are okay with breaking the terms of subscription services that clearly state they are for members of families who live at the same house? Not only with games, but people do this all time with streaming services 

Not judging, because I really don't care, merely curious because I fail to understand the reasoning behind such distinction 

It doesn't matter if they pay the bill. Pirating is literal theft, that's when you don't pay the bill.

Kakadu18 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

It doesn't matter if they pay the bill. Pirating is literal theft, that's when you don't pay the bill.

Yes, but you are using a benefit you actually don't have right to. Like, here in Brazil students pays only half of the price for cultural events like concerts, theaters, museums and so on, but people fake student IDs to pay less than they should. That's exactly the same thing here.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Kakadu18 said:

Yes, but you are using a benefit you actually don't have right to. Like, here in Brazil students pays only half of the price for cultural events like concerts, theaters, museums and so on, but people fake student IDs to pay less than they should. That's exactly the same thing here.

I just checked the website and it doesn't say anything about the members of a family subscription having to be an actual family or live in one household. Nothing of the sort is said anywhere. It just says that up to eight accounts can be part of it.

Apart from that you're seriously comparing that to actual crimes? That makes no sense.

Kakadu18 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I just checked the website and it doesn't say anything about the members of a family subscription having to be an actual family or live in one household. Nothing of the sort is said anywhere. It just says that up to eight accounts can be part of it.

Apart from that you're seriously comparing that to actual crimes? That makes no sense.

Serious? Interesting, because that's how family membership works on streaming services (Spotify, Netflix, etc). On Spotify you even need to register the family member address. I have shared my Spotify family subscription with friends and sometimes in past they used to get warnings

A part of that, both are crimes. Under Brazilian law me and my friends could get sued for false identity. Doubt Spotify is going to really sue anyone who is violating their service therms of course, but you argument of one being a literal crime and other just doesn't hold true