By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Switch Online Overview Trailer

 

Is the current Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack worth it yet?

I had it day 1 6 18.75%
 
I recently purchased it 4 12.50%
 
I still need more content 11 34.38%
 
I have no interest at all 11 34.38%
 
Total:32

The value's still not there. -_-



Around the Network
TomaTito said:

Since they don't want to add retail or downloadable titles yet, they should add their previous DLCs to make the package more enticing: BotW DLC, SMBU Fighter passes, Splatoon 2: Octo expansion, or even now Monster Hunter Sunbreak.

Looks like they listened

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/246146/splatoon-3-comes-out-on-september-9th-and-octo-expansion-is-added-to-nso-expansion-pack/

BotW next



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

One question about the DLC included in the NSO expansion pack. Do you keep the DLC even if the subscription expires?

As for the question in the poll, I'm still waiting, but if GB/GBC/GBA games get added, I might get tempted to get a family subscription.



GoOnKid said:

The value is certainly there for me. The biggest complaint I see is the price but then why not just use the family deals?

Because nobody else in my family has a Switch.



Bofferbrauer2 said:

Do you keep the DLC even if the subscription expires?

No.



Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

One question about the DLC included in the NSO expansion pack. Do you keep the DLC even if the subscription expires?

Why would that be the case? You only keep certain items in Animal Crossing that you bring over from the DLC to your island.



Conina said:
GoOnKid said:

The value is certainly there for me. The biggest complaint I see is the price but then why not just use the family deals?

Because nobody else in my family has a Switch.

Friends are fine, too. Three of the seven other people in my family group are friends of my cousin, and I never spoke to them in person and have no clue who they even are. They still pay their share every year and that's all that matters.



GoOnKid said:
Conina said:

Because nobody else in my family has a Switch.

Friends are fine, too. Three of the seven other people in my family group are friends of my cousin, and I never spoke to them in person and have no clue who they even are. They still pay their share every year and that's all that matters.

It's a family membership, not a family & friends & strangers membership.



Kakadu18 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

One question about the DLC included in the NSO expansion pack. Do you keep the DLC even if the subscription expires?

Why would that be the case? You only keep certain items in Animal Crossing that you bring over from the DLC to your island.

Just what I feared. Those included DLC packages are then absolutely useless for me, as I prefer owning my games.



GoOnKid said:
Conina said:

Because nobody else in my family has a Switch.

Friends are fine, too. Three of the seven other people in my family group are friends of my cousin, and I never spoke to them in person and have no clue who they even are. They still pay their share every year and that's all that matters.

Why everyone point fingers when people pirate game but are okay with breaking the terms of subscription services that clearly state they are for members of families who live at the same house? Not only with games, but people do this all time with streaming services 

Not judging, because I really don't care, merely curious because I fail to understand the reasoning behind such distinction