By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy website lists Switch version

I would assume there would be allot of concessions to make this run on Switch if it's native.. Or a complete top to bottom rebuild for the entire game targeting the Switch with baked details (Lighting, Shadows etc') to get it visually up to par.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

I would assume there would be allot of concessions to make this run on Switch if it's native.. Or a complete top to bottom rebuild for the entire game targeting the Switch with baked details (Lighting, Shadows etc') to get it visually up to par.

I'm guessing they'll go for making a Cloud version, which would really just make it a nothing kind of game if they were to. Either that or they tone all settings down and make it blurry like they did DOOM.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

ironmanDX said:
Dulfite said:

If this is true, I demand motion controls! I want to feel like a wizard waving my wand(s) around with joycon(s)!!!

And what if you could wear a headset and have it where you audibly say the spells as you wave the joycon and that's what activates them? It would be so much fun!

I guess they'd have to make a first person mode for this to work properly.

Hey, we've not really had a good Harry Potter game yet. 

One step at a time there mate.

Actually, at least for me, there was one I adored on the GameCube. I can't remember which one it was, but it had a huge amount of freedom to it for the time.

Chazore said:
Pemalite said:

I'm guessing they'll go for making a Cloud version

Please don't guess that, it's not. It has amazon preoders, a box art, it's not cloud.

SKMBlake said:
Otter said:

Maybe its a late port?

A late port is when the game is already released elsewhere, not announced among other version

Late port meaning it's worked on after the other versions are released, or releases later. The game has already been announced for the other platforms in 2020 when it was revealed. 

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Chazore said:

I'm guessing they'll go for making a Cloud version

Please don't guess that, it's not. It has amazon preoders, a box art, it's not cloud.

Can someone link to that listing, I can't find it, potentially its been taken down? 

Since Pre-orders haven't officially been announced, this is likely just the retailer putting a placeholder in place so I would remain skeptic 

Otter said:
SKMBlake said:

A late port is when the game is already released elsewhere, not announced among other version

Late port meaning it's worked on after the other versions are released, or releases later. The game has already been announced for the other platforms in 2020 when it was revealed. 

Indeed, so not a late port. It's MK11 all over again.

Otter said:
SKMBlake said:

Can someone link to that listing, I can't find it, potentially its been taken down? 

Since Pre-orders haven't officially been announced, this is likely just the retailer putting a placeholder in place so I would remain skeptic 

Yeah but you never got any box art for any cloud game, nor Amazon placeholders.

No, this shows again how incompetent Square was with Kingdom Hearts.

SKMBlake said:
Otter said:

I don't think that was incompetence. Just pure, unadulterated... greed.

Well, and maybe a bit of incompetence too.

Vodacixi said:
SKMBlake said:

I don't think that was incompetence. Just pure, unadulterated... greed.

Well, and maybe a bit of incompetence too.

It's neither. It's laziness and lack of vision and trust about Switch-only owners. 

KH3 is another story but porting a collection of a bunch of PS2/PSP/3DS games is a breeze and wold sell consistently better than a cloud version

Square is likely to think the only people really interested in KH are playing on PlayStation. Seems a common misconception studios have that Switch gamers only play Nintendo games but I digress