By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD 2022 Thread

Elden Ring is a massive success! Also, so tired of having to do math puzzles to figure out approximate console sales.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Ouch seems like PS5 is even selling like shit in USA, that 2 million figure is starting to feel to optimistic for this quarter.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I guess ps5 burned through stocks in January

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Elden Ring is massive. Too bad I'm not into souls games. Hardware isn't that great.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
jason1637 said:

I saw that before. Our numbers match that order. Looks like Xbox Series X|S is likely above PS5 in Europe as it is ahead in the UK and Spain.

That is astonishing. This hasn’t happened since the Xbox 360

What are the US vgc estimates for the year so far?

trunkswd said:

Following adjustments we have US February 2022 figures at:

1. NS: 378,638 - If asp is ~$300 = ~$113M
  2. XS: 302,859 - If asp is ~$350 = ~$106M
  3. PS5: 174,257 - If asp is ~$480 = ~$83M

Without exact figures available it is impossible to know how close we are as the average selling price could vary depending on availability of the different SKUs. If there were more Series X consoles available it would lower Xbox Series sales and if there were more PS5 Digital Editions available it would increase PS5 sales, etc.

How do these numbers compare to last year?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I would wait for Sony's FY22 projections before getting worried about PS5 sales.

OT: God of War is doing exceptionally well for a late PC port. The PC version makes 25+ Million lifetime a lock and puts 30+ Million lifetime on the table. With the Series S being lower priced and having more availability, combined with Switch, PS5, Series X shortages, I'm surprised Microsoft has not won a single NPD yet. 

That's a damn shame how bad the shortages have been. It would've been awesome to see how many consoles could have been sold if all 3 manufacturers were able to keep up with the demand.