By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD 2022 Thread

jason1637 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Im really impressed by Series X/S sales. Its really impressive, such a great comeback.
I just wonder how figures would be if there was absolutely NO shortage whatsoever.
Anyway, great job from Microsoft.

Wonder how many people who cant find the Series X opted for the Series S. MS would probably have more hardware revenue without shortages but I don't know if sales would be much more tbh.

Yes, good point. DO we have any idea what is the ratio of sales between Series X and Series S?

I am a lucky guy and got both Series X and PS5 and I can tell you that my PS5 is almost collecting dust. I almost regret buying it. And I was on SOny camp for the past 4 generations. Microsoft is doing great and the fact that Sony is considering improving it's subscription service is a proof that competition is always great.

Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:
jason1637 said:

Wonder how many people who cant find the Series X opted for the Series S. MS would probably have more hardware revenue without shortages but I don't know if sales would be much more tbh.

Yes, good point. DO we have any idea what is the ratio of sales between Series X and Series S?

I am a lucky guy and got both Series X and PS5 and I can tell you that my PS5 is almost collecting dust. I almost regret buying it. And I was on SOny camp for the past 4 generations. Microsoft is doing great and the fact that Sony is considering improving it's subscription service is a proof that competition is always great.

It’s somewhere around 50/50 right now. 

jason1637 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Wow thats a lot if true. I would expect Series S to be more in the ballpark of 25%.

Personally I think its worth to save a little bit more and go for Series X for increased performance and having access to the disk drive, which is very important for retro gaming

Mar1217 said:
jason1637 said:

Do we have any actual official info on this ?

No nothing concrete just a personal estimate. The first feee months of the Series X/S cycle it was 66/33 in favor of the X but MS realized they can produce 2 SeriesS for every X and to get around the stock situation they started sending out more Series S consoles.