By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why are certain old movies not being ported to Blu-ray?

axumblade said:

Blu-Ray players are reverse compatible with DVD players (so it’s not a necessity as it was from the vcr to dvd transition). Also, many movies can fit the extra content available onto a regular DVD and if a movie can’t be properly optimized for a regular DVD, it won’t translate any better to Blu-ray.

Unrelated, I loved Cool World when I was growing up! Have you watched Monkeybone? It hasn’t aged well but it also falls in the Cool World/Roger Rabbit mentality 

Also, please try to stay on your own topic. Cancel culture doesn’t seem related to anything else you have brought up so far in here.

Ok , also I haven't seen Monkey Bone but will now :)

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Heh this song was ahead of it's time really addicting

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Highly recommend getting Bad Taste on Blue Ray

Throws up too gory , It's age restricted must click watch on youtube

He got game the movie is 50 dollars in blue ray I used to watch this in TV in cinemax hughly recommend this beautiful movie tragic story of a father trying to make his son into the next Michael Jordan scenes are too much featuring denzel washington

He's in jail for killing wife He got game 1998 ending scene where police guard saying turn back or he'll shoot him is powerful

Emotional scene remember he accidently killed his wife 20 years ago, hes still in probation but is in jail 

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 12 April 2022

Seeing the movies listed... someone seems to really like trashy B-movies

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Seeing the movies listed... someone seems to really like trashy B-movies

It's not the story, It's the shock value and memorable moments ones listed I know movies like GodFather and Titatanic are in blueray you're style is different I have multiple styles I'm only making this for movies that are hard to find. Not your everyday day hits, Did you watch the Sonic 2 movie? Did you like the Story ?

And yes I watched the Green Mile before it turned into a hit but everybody and their dog knows that movie getting a blueray treatment, shawshank redemption too

@Bofferbrauer2 I like you but please don't call what others like such and being derogatory? The thread title is certain old movies not being ported, there is no need to bash. I've seen most of the big hitters and different movies from Hit movies to B movies and the (worst of worst of movies like Tekken movie and Left Behind.) I never trash a user preferance in VGchartz.

Well they are low budget films that most people have no clue about but looks like most are on DVD or Blu ray like others have pointed out.

sethnintendo said:

Well they are low budget films that most people have no clue about but looks like most are on DVD or Blu ray like others have pointed out.

Yep, most of these movies are movies most have not heard about. These movies are from me childhood so I had a different mindset ^^. I was always curious of certain movies when I was a kid looking at those VHS cover arts on the box. Though I played more videogames than watch movies, I was like 10 years old in 1998 so my taste back then wasn't vast I do remember watching alot of Disney movies in 1994 but I think most are ported? ^_^, My uncles forced me to watch Green Mile and Private Ryan which I also liked.