By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Bofferbrauer2 said:

IS there an exhaustive list somewhere of what has been sent or pledged to Ukraine so far?

Oryx has one for heavy weaponry deliveries and pledges, they only use official sources, confirmed pledges/deliveries and have to know the type of equipment before adding it, so for example, Poland's 14 Leopard's haven't been added yet because there's various different types of Leopards and Poland haven't confirmed the type yet.

Answering The Call: Heavy Weaponry Supplied To Ukraine - Oryx

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 January 2023

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

IS there an exhaustive list somewhere of what has been sent or pledged to Ukraine so far?

No idea about other countries or an list of the EU but this is from the website of Germany's government:

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-en/news/military-support-ukraine-2054992

doesn't include the tanks yet, though

I pretty much never post in political threads, but here is just one.

For all of the people who unconditionally support Ukraine and are cheering on the latest tanks being sent over, I hope you are prepared to be sent to fight, or to send off loved ones to fight. This disgusting escalation needs to cease. Peace must be negotiated, and yes, that means concessions on both sides.
Do I know what those concessions should be? Not in the slightest. I am not overly knowledgeable in world politics. However, I am very much anti-war and am appalled by our world leaders who only seem to be provoking the other side.

"If you think Putin is equivalent to Hitler, remember, he is Hitler with nukes" - Viva Frei

Our leaders need to be doing everything possible to avoid this, which does not seem to be the case at all.

This is my only post on the matter, so I will not reply to any possible vitriolic responses.
I pray this ends ASAP.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

FarleyMcFirefly said:

This is my only post on the matter, so I will not reply to any possible vitriolic responses.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 January 2023

Can't wait to see Challenger 2's smashing Russia's shitty tanks

FarleyMcFirefly said:

I pretty much never post in political threads, but here is just one.

For all of the people who unconditionally support Ukraine and are cheering on the latest tanks being sent over, I hope you are prepared to be sent to fight, or to send off loved ones to fight. This disgusting escalation needs to cease. Peace must be negotiated, and yes, that means concessions on both sides.
Do I know what those concessions should be? Not in the slightest. I am not overly knowledgeable in world politics. However, I am very much anti-war and am appalled by our world leaders who only seem to be provoking the other side.

"If you think Putin is equivalent to Hitler, remember, he is Hitler with nukes" - Viva Frei

Our leaders need to be doing everything possible to avoid this, which does not seem to be the case at all.

I pray this ends ASAP.

If you support Putin retaining land he has stolen and no consequences for the rape and murder of civilians and children (as long as he pinky swears to stop), then you support the rape and murder of civilians and children.

Imagine being in a NATO country and still being afraid of Russia's 3rd rate army.

As far as I'm concerned, being a coward is just as useful to Russia as being a Russian puppet and I'm tired of wasting my breath arguing with both of these types of people.

Essentially asking Ukraine to just rollover and take the rape, murder and pillaging of their country because you're too afraid to do the right thing.

I will continue to support Ukraine as long as they ask for our support.

As for fighting, that's up to Russia, we'll fight Russia if they attack us, simple as that, that's the whole dang point of NATO. So if Russia CHOOSES to attack us then yes, I will fully support fighting them.

There's a simple way for peace and it's for Russia to fuck off out of Ukraine, it's so simple, and yet Ukraine is being asked to make concessions, Lol.

What a joke.

Oh and lets not forget to mention the complete and utter naivety to believe that Russia won't just recover their army and then try again for more of Ukraine later.

• Russia took Crimea "Guys, lets just have peace, let them have Crimea"
  • Russia waits a few years and attacks again: "Guys, lets just have peace, make a concession with Russia, let them have Donbas"
  • Russia waits a few years and attacks again: "Guys, lets have peace, make a concession with Russia, let them have Kherson"
  • Russia waits a few years and attacks again: "Guys, lets have peace, make a concession with Russia, let them have Kyiv"

Some learnt absolutely nothing from Nazi Germany, if we let Russia take Ukraine bit by bit and show we're spinless shits who won't do a thing about it then they will eventually come for other Western countries too because they know they'd be useful cowards who would say "Guys, lets have peace, let them have eastern Poland"

Luckily our world leaders aren't that cowardly. We've aided Ukraine in standing up to them.

Russia knows they would be absolutely demolished by NATO, so they wouldn't dare to attack us, it's all talk and somehow people still fall for it. But if we constantly showed fear and constantly let Russia get whatever they want, they would probably be encouraged to try and see if NATO would defend an ally.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 January 2023

Oh and Western tanks will likely end up destroying less Russian tanks than ATGM's will during the course of this war so I don't see why it's considered more of an escalation than any other weapon that Ukraine has had for months now.

Western tanks will likely end up killing less soldiers than HIMARS will, Lol. They're for breaking through defensive lines via combined arms, an overwhelming attack which the enemy has to defend from using multiple tactics.

'Toothless' Leopards and 'Battered' Abrams: Russian TV Mocks NATO Tanks Promised to Ukraine

People terrified of escalation by sending tanks can't even get on the same page as Russia who apparently isn't afraid at all