Ryuu96 said:

Can we send more Challenger 2's, UK? 🙂

Fuck do we need them for?

To fight invading Vikings maybe 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

As I understand it, Britain has 227 operational Challenger 2s with a further 22 as training units. Of those, 148 are to be upgraded to Challengers 3s with the rest retired. In theory, the 99 scheduled for retirement would likely be the max they’d be prepared to donate with looking for further unit procurement.

Means they're contracted and not pulled from existing stock, I.E. They won't be ready for the Spring offensive, it could be a long time before Ukraine gets them. They were never going to be on the frontlines anyway and I still stand by the belief that Belarus won't be dumb enough to invade Ukraine but also Ukraine has enough to deter them anyway so it shouldn't be an issue.

This is just to stop the stupid feet dragging by Scholz and it seems to have worked, Leopard's are more important to the offensive than Abrams.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 January 2023

Ryuu96 said:

TIL dictionaries don't exist in russia. If they did they'd know that putin's regime is MUCH closer to the Nazis than anything Ukraine has ever had.

SecondWar said:
Ryuu96 said:

As I understand it, Britain has 227 operational Challenger 2s with a further 22 as training units. Of those, 148 are to be upgraded to Challengers 3s with the rest retired. In theory, the 99 scheduled for retirement would likely be the max they’d be prepared to donate with looking for further unit procurement.

I don't know if Ukraine can make much use of the Challenger 2. From what I read, the UK has already long closed the production line for it's ammunition (Challenger 2 has a rifled cannon, so standard Nato rounds do not work here), in other words, the ammo is very finite. There was a program in 2020 to restart the production lines, but I don't know if they followed through (it was announced just before the pandemic).

Ka-pi96 said:
Ryuu96 said:

TIL dictionaries don't exist in russia. If they did they'd know that putin's regime is MUCH closer to the Nazis than anything Ukraine has ever had.

What's that? Never heard of this before.