By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

SvennoJ said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Is it still US imperialism when the country wants us there?

Kosovo has it's own struggle for independence, it's not officially a country yet, but gaining more support all the time

So not all that surprising that they want NATO and the US there to secure their status as a country.

Yes, I have a basic understanding of the situation with Kosovo, but I appreciate the refresher none the less. 

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Is it still US imperialism when the country wants us there?

In invading Ukraine, Putin has incentivized more people to want to join NATO. Pretty sure that's not the response he wanted to see. 

Yep, seems he only accomplished showing the world how inept the Russian military actually is and driving the west closer together. 

When did putin mention the word " nuclear", that the west seem to be mentioning all over the news. He said special forces and can mean several things, but everyone is saying he spoke of nuclear deterrence

The rallying of pretty much the entire planet behind Ukraine is absolutely fantastic.

It is -exactly- what needed to happen and needs to continue to happen, it will give pause to other countries wanting to do similar... I.E. China with Taiwan.

Make it a part of the EU, UN and NATO...

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

The rallying of pretty much the entire planet behind Ukraine is absolutely fantastic.

It is -exactly- what needed to happen and needs to continue to happen, it will give pause to other countries wanting to do similar... I.E. China with Taiwan.

Make it a part of the EU, UN and NATO...

You do realise world war 3 is about to start, and nuclear warfare? 

All these sanctions will push the aggressors further. 

Around the Network

The ruble is tanking hard. This is a timed thing, I think. Two things are critical to fight wars:

-Soldiers getting paid and having resources to ease frustrations of fighting.
-Citizens not feeling too overburened with side effects of the war.

With the ruble tanking, I think it is only a matter of time before an overwhelming amount of citizens are protesting and the soldiers start to turn on the government or throw down the weapons and flee.

I would not be surprised if Putin is taken out by a former ally's assassin in order for the oligarchy to survive by making him the scape goat and acting like they are the good guys.

So 8 of the world’s top 10 economies have some level of sanctions against Russia. That is going to hurt them, regardless of what they claim in their PR statements.

Dulfite said:

The ruble is tanking hard. This is a timed thing, I think. Two things are critical to fight wars:

-Soldiers getting paid and having resources to ease frustrations of fighting.
-Citizens not feeling too overburened with side effects of the war.

With the ruble tanking, I think it is only a matter of time before an overwhelming amount of citizens are protesting and the soldiers start to turn on the government or throw down the weapons and flee.

I would not be surprised if Putin is taken out by a former ally's assassin in order for the oligarchy to survive by making him the scape goat and acting like they are the good guys.

The question is what will China do.  If they support Russia, Russia will have an ally they can still sell to thus allowing their economy to stay afloat.  This could be the situation where the world moves away from both China and Russia depending on how they choose to respond to this war.  There need to be unified consequences for supporting this war and if that can happen it would hasten its end.  Without China, Russia would be in a serious bind with no where to purchase or sell their goods and really crippling everything they want to accomplish.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 28 February 2022

A war created by a deluded man who could not accept the end of the Soviet Union. Putin is as mad as a cut snake. Anything can happen as the drama unfolds.

One of the best if not the best recruitment ad I've seen. 

It's such a stark difference from what you see in a Russian recruitment ad.