By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Aloy has displaced Lara Croft!

Lara croft is the OG bad ass woman in gaming.
Aloy is like a little kiddie compared to lara.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Lara croft is the OG bad ass woman in gaming.
Aloy is like a little kiddie compared to lara.

Samus

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

If it takes another decade then it again proves OP wrong. Lara was popular and in pop culture very quickly and ruled the 90s. TR came out in 94 and by 2000 with several games Larawas a gaming Icon as big as any of them at that time. HZD is 5 years old. Didn't hit that status. Not going to either. Lara hit at a different time in pop culture.

I wouldn't go that far. HZD has already outsold the highest selling Tomb Raider by a comfortable margin and HFW is looking to increase that lead. Also, Lara Croft didn't break into pop culture until the Tomb Raider movie, which so far is her biggest advantage over Aloy. 

Gaming in the late 90's, early 00's, wasn't nearly as big as it is now. Aloy is one of the most, if not the most, recognizable video game character from the last decade, and she's coming up in a time when more females are gaming then ever before. People are cosplaying as Aloy at events like Comic Con, she has cameos in popular F2P titles like Genshin Impact & Fortnite, has a comic book and upcoming LEGO set, even Sony's marketing push for HFW is more aggressive than any marketing campaign that Lara Croft has been apart of.

The Horizon IP in general has more appeal in video games, movies, television, toys, etc, than Tomb Raider does, which will give Aloy a significant edge in the long run.

m0ney said:

I am disappoint, I came to this thread for this

Will this do? This game has some serious issues.

SvennoJ said:
m0ney said:

What am I looking at?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
SvennoJ said:

What am I looking at?

Horizon Forbidden West. Something's not right when the light comes from behind. Those are cropped, this is the full 4K source image

SvennoJ said:
KLAMarine said:

What am I looking at?

Horizon Forbidden West. Something's not right when the light comes from behind. Those are cropped, this is the full 4K source image

Wow, patch in the works I imagine. Thanks for the info!

SvennoJ said:

Played it for a several hours and haven't come across this. That's a weird bug, looks like a texture/shader issue. Maybe reinstall?

But yeah enjoying the game so far. Though the platforming is chunky af and a little frustrating. Definitely a step up in nearly every way from the first game though.

m0ney said:

This is with ray tracing enabled.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

KLAMarine said:

Wow, patch in the works I imagine. Thanks for the info!

Yeah I would hold off on playing if you haven't started yet. I'm playing in 1080p SDR now to fix some of the over sharpening and shimmering issues. They're still visible but less, for example

Every time there is moving foliage on screen you get weird shimmering. 1080p helps a bit, it looks way worse in 4K HDR.

The over exposure is a bigger problem though, outdoors is way too bright in general. This is default

And this with adjustments in photo mode, this is closer to what it should look like

Turning HDR on only makes the extremes worse, it's still doing the fake brightness up and down adjustments.

Something went wrong in the render pipeline. The quality of the world and assets are amazing, yet the lighting is all messed up, HDR doesn't work properly and there is a horrible sharpening filter at work. It's a shame, when the brightness and contrast are right for a bit it looks phenomenal, then it goes back to an over exposed saturated mess where it's hard to read dialog choices etc.