By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January NPD 2022 Thread + Predictions

Wow even with supply issues both the Sony and MS consoles beat the Switch. When supply catches up Switch will fall really behind.

Around the Network
hotdogflavouredwater said:

Wow even with supply issues both the Sony and MS consoles beat the Switch. When supply catches up Switch will fall really behind.

The Switch had the biggest supply issues. This is not because of lacking demand.

That was unexpected. In my mind it was something like NS -> XBS -> PS5.

But overall, great sales for all of them, considering the shortages.

who wins any month comes down to who can put out the most stock.

hotdogflavouredwater said:

2 posts, one of which is this one, no avatar, and you made your account today.  Yeah, this checks out.

Around the Network

Anecdotally i (in the US) have found Nintendo Switches and Nintendo Switch OLEDs in particular to be harder to find in the last few weeks then they were in December. Obviously that’s not hard data but I’m not surprised by these numbers. I think switch is having its own supply issues now.

This chip shortage is the worst

aTokenYeti said:

Anecdotally i (in the US) have found Nintendo Switches and Nintendo Switch OLEDs in particular to be harder to find in the last few weeks then they were in December. Obviously that’s not hard data but I’m not surprised by these numbers. I think switch is having its own supply issues now.

This chip shortage is the worst

I checked Amazon (US) right after the holidays and Switch OLED was available. The next day, it was gone (not available for a wait list) and OG Switch was available for shipping in a couple of weeks.  The OLED was not in stock every time I checked until a few days ago for about 20 minutes.

Right now, the OLED is available on Amazon, with the fastest delivery for March 2 - 3. I don't expect it to last long, though.  OG Switch is readily available, and of course, the Lite is never hard to find.

Nintendo reiterated that they plan to meet their 4m shipped for Q4 at least and, hopefully, will be able to meet the inevitable 22m+ demand for the year.

trunkswd said:
CourageTCD said:

The difference between them isn't that much tbh

Right now it looks all 3 were pretty close for the month. If more data comes out I'll adjust them some more. Here are our US numbers for January after adjustments. 

PS5: 350,277

XS: 326,664

NS: 302,850

what did you guys have it at before the adjustments?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

trunkswd said:
eva01beserk said:

what did you guys have it at before the adjustments?

Before adjustments here is what we had in the US for January:

NS: 382,850

XS: 297,664

PS5: 230,277

That's a huge undertrack for ps5. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

not sure if switch really has that much of a issue with supplies. I saw a few switch console in my nearest target. I also saw a few series S. No ps5 or series X.