Maynard_Tool said:
kazuyamishima said:

Switch overtracked
Ps5 and Xbox Series Undertracked

Compared to VGC

This one…. Didnt go that well. 

Wow, ill be dammed, he was right this time. im surprised. How did that happened

Did not expect the PS5 in first and did. not expect the Switch in third. wow

huh? literally no one was prepared for this, i'm not even mad, i just want to know how this happened.

Last edited by loy310 - on 11 February 2022

Well after reading the Installbase NPD thread it seems like the Switch didn't have any stock at many retailers. Like none at all since December.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
loy310 said:

huh? literally no one was prepared for this, i'm not even mad, i just want to know how the this happened.

Quite correct. No one expected that. Especially after knowing the Switch was up year-on-year in the UK and Spain. 

Do you think it might just be a 1 and done situation, or a new trend? 

Kakadu18 said:

Well after reading the Installbase NPD thread it seems like the Switch didn't have any stock at many retailers. Like none at all since December.

Did they have any info on Xbox?  The Series S has been in stock in a lot of places all month long, I wonder if it's back to just sitting on shelves as it was pre holiday. That would definitely change the weekly charts on this website going forward. 

Wouldn't this be the first time the Series consoles have outsold the Switch in NA? Xbox Series X/S had the Black Friday win but it didn't take the month of November. September 2021 is the only month I could think of where the Series consoles could have finished ahead of the Switch.

I'm surprised the PS5 came out on top of the NPD though, seems like Europe will be shafted for this quarter, unless Sony has been extremely conservative with their sales projection in Q4. Maybe its a mix of both.

"PS5 is #1 in revenue."  Not surprised.
"PS5 is #1 in units." Very surprised.

I remember the recent Nintendo report saying that shipments in December were messed up going to North America.  I guess the affected January as well.  I expect Switch to be #1 in February again.  Switch is back in stores again now (except OLED), but I do remember seeing bigger shortages in January.  (At least where I live.)

The difference between them isn't that much tbh