By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January NPD 2022 Thread + Predictions

January NPD confirms Switch and XB is over tracked this month and PS5 under tracked.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network

How the hell did that happen???

Maynard_Tool said:
kazuyamishima said:

Switch overtracked
Ps5 and Xbox Series Undertracked

Compared to VGC

This one…. Didnt go that well. 

You mean for you that is.  :)

What? Why?

Maynard_Tool said:
kazuyamishima said:

Switch overtracked
Ps5 and Xbox Series Undertracked

Compared to VGC

This one…. Didnt go that well. 

Wow, ill be dammed, he was right this time. im surprised. How did that happened

Around the Network

Did not expect the PS5 in first and did. not expect the Switch in third. wow

US numbers are very different from what we saw in Europe. I'll update the OP once I get the monthly NPD article written and make necessary adjustments later.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

huh? literally no one was prepared for this, i'm not even mad, i just want to know how this happened.

Last edited by loy310 - on 11 February 2022

loy310 said:

huh? literally no one was prepared for this, i'm not even mad, i just want to know how the this happened.

Quite correct. No one expected that. Especially after knowing the Switch was up year-on-year in the UK and Spain. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Well after reading the Installbase NPD thread it seems like the Switch didn't have any stock at many retailers. Like none at all since December.