By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has Microsoft gotten rid of the Rrod?

Interesting . But IMO its a bit late . The 360 is allready renown for dieing out fast :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
I bought a new Falcon 360 at Christmas because I had a RRoD issue while I was on holiday and gaming with my brother in law... Then, just after I got back I had a second 360 brick with RRoD. But, the RRoD consoles were a December 2005 and October 2006 manufacturer date.

The Falcon has a quieter (not really quiet) drive and much quieter fan system. Once the new graphics processor comes out I think I will replace all of my 360's as my three from the early days will be coming to the end of warranty and I really like the new quieter version.

For fun, yesterday I put one of my older 360's in my deep freeze for 4 hours and then powered it up right away hoping to brick it (The fan makes an aweful noise for the first minutes of startup)... Unfortunately, the sudden change of temperature combined with gaming quickly did not brick it. Anyone have good ideas on how to brick a 360 to RRoD without voiding warranty?

wrap a towel around it i guess you cheeky boy lol

I remember seeing a thread or two on xbox-scene.com about RRoD'd falcons a while back. I don't have any links though.

I had one RROD and had it replaced free and it did not happen again.
going on 6 months.
I had the launch model for over a year when it RROD on me.

Is there a link to show that Falcon chip's failure rate is 10%?

halil23 said:
ecurbj said:
halil23 said:
Sorry to spoil but 2 guys got caught with RROD, one of them happen to have the falcon model.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=24496

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24516.

Apparently it has reduce the % of RROD but not completely.

How do you even know if those were Falcon models.

The first link the bro didn't say shit about anything, he only said is this telling me he is going to have a RRoD.

The second link didn't say anything but he did state he had his X360 for about 8 months. That is still no indication that it was a Falcon 360.

Third, the Falcon 360 didn't start to roll out mainstream to around Christmas of 2007. So really your post does fail in some way.

Need better links bro...

Sorry, you can keep that "fail" to yourself thanks!

vgc members Psymatiq & CaptainPrefrences (cousin) got the falcon RROD, who knows there might be more as I was scrolling through quickly, it in the same thread as the second one.

also http://n4g.com/xbox360/News-71365.aspx (and I'm sure there's more but can't be bothered finding them, I'll leave that to you ecurbj)

And I wouldn't be surprise if some of you guys got the falcon RROD but afraid to tell due to fear of losing vgc friends O_O

Is that better bro...

lol...bro, a few reports. I'm a lucking Falcon owner than, because I have had absolutely no problems with mine at all.

So either they are bashing the Xbox 360 or not. I just say as a current Falcon owner, I have no problems again.

Then you have to factor in that those members, probably put the console in a place where it couldn't breath at all. My cousin is sitting somewhere where it can get enough cool air. My discs come out cool and not hot like a baked cookie.

Maybe you should keep that "Falcon chip has reduce the RRoD" and STFU.

Is that better bro....

Around the Network
Coca-Cola said:
going on 6 months.

Actually if there was a link to show the Falcon chips failure rate than I would provide one.

Obiviosly its so hard to search around the internet to find an article stating the fact the Xbox 360 Falcon version failed.

If Falcon Xbox 360 owners are not making threads in forums saying there Falcon XBox 360 RRoD, then its quite obivious the Falcon Xbox 360 are the way to go.

Coca-Cola said:
going on 6 months.

dude ur wrong theres no way to know that!

If Falcon Chip 360 owners are not complaining, then there can't be a big problem.

Coca-Cola said:
If Falcon Chip 360 owners are not complaining, then there can't be a big problem.

dude ur r so wrong lolerz u should work 4 pepsi

Just telling people they are wrong without putting forth some evidence to their being wrong or atleast an alternate theory to explain away the evidence they themselves are putting forth is pretty useless.