By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has Microsoft gotten rid of the Rrod?

Nope. My cousin got a 360 2 weeks ago, as I explaiend sometime ago, and it still got the rrod. It mustve been a falcon one. I lol'd at him so hard when I saw it happen

Around the Network

Capt. Did you bother actually checking the manufacturer date on his console to confirm when it was made, to ensure it was a falcon, or are you just saying that only based on when he bought it?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It makes people go insane, no thanks.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

Failure rate for Xbox 360s is still at more than 16%. Only 60% of which are RRoD failures. This means 6.4% of 360s fail and aren't even covered by Microsoft's warranty. This is more than double the PS3 and Wii failure rates of ~3%.

Zero Hero said:
It makes people go insane, no thanks.

Mines like that, is it still returnable?

(lol)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

it's impossible to eliminate it 100% just like any other console
However, i think MS may have reduced it

How do you know you are getting an XBOX 360 manufactured after October 2007?

when i first got my 360, i was scared of rrod, but now i don't even think about it. i just switch it on and i'm good to go. still can't get used to the annoying drive noise though.

The 3 red lights is probably just an error code. You can't eliminate it because it is just saying there is a problem. So long as the console can fail you can get the RRoD.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229