By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has Microsoft gotten rid of the Rrod?

ookaze said:
When MS gets rid of the RRoD (which I believe will never happen, as it is a design problem), they will make a press release, you can be sure of that.
So, yes, RRoD is still there.
There would be no point in offering a 3 year return policy specifically for RRoD and allocating a billion $ to it if they planned on correcting this design flaw.

^this.

Around the Network

I've had my Elite since it came out and i havn't got the RROD. 2 of my friends which have had their 360 for 2 years also havn't had it although 2 other friends have and now their fine with their replacements.

As long as the games are fine and replacing it is free i think it's not a problem if you like the console.

I'm pretty sure i will never get the RROD lol But isn't the RROD fixed for 2008 now? cases of it are much rarer.

I believe the chances of RRoD is low now. I have a Xbox 360 Arcade and the thing has a Falcon chip (65nm CPU, 90nm GPU) installed in it. It works well no lock ups. Never encountered a RRoD before while I owned a Xbox 360. Just defective problems like power bricks breaking and disc tray making odd noises.

I have owned this Falcon Xbox 360 since December 2007. Works so awesome, just go out now and purchase a new Xbox 360. It's guarantee to have a Falcon (65nm CPU) motherboard installed in it.

Seriously XBox 360 RROD will always be an issue due to the design flaws of the XBox 360.

i have bought an arcade for £159 hdmi model, so thats the one with the updated iniards?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
i have bought an arcade for £159 hdmi model, so thats the one with the updated iniards?

Yup, when did you buy it and what is your manufactured date?

Judging that you did buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, then it must have the 65nm CPU installed which in result a cooler exhaust at the back of the console. The only thing that is generating lots of heat is the GPU which is still 90nm. We have to wait till when Microsoft releases the Jasper motherboard in order to have a 65nm GPU.

But bro, you have a Falcon motherboard.

I would show you the thread on xbox.com where it holds instructions on how to look inside the Xbox 360 without opening to find out if the new 65nm CPU is housed with the new heatsink they attached it with.

But xbox.com is down right now for mainetance.

RROD can still happen, but every system can break. Even PS3 and Wii.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

halil23 said:
Sorry to spoil but 2 guys got caught with RROD, one of them happen to have the falcon model.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=24496

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24516.

Apparently it has reduce the % of RROD but not completely.

How do you even know if those were Falcon models.

The first link the bro didn't say shit about anything, he only said is this telling me he is going to have a RRoD.

The second link didn't say anything but he did state he had his X360 for about 8 months. That is still no indication that it was a Falcon 360.

Third, the Falcon 360 didn't start to roll out mainstream to around Christmas of 2007. So really your post does fail in some way.

Need better links bro...

our store got 11 returns this month for xbox360 that was bought within 30 days. Most of them (9 out of 11) were due to defective error.

Whether they are due to RRoD. who knows. Most of the customers just say it doesn't work (no hassle return), but one did say it got 3 red rings and the tried everything, including 'toweling')

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It's probably far more cost effective for Microsoft to spend money reducing the price of the current components in the 360 rather then spending money on R&D and refurbishing the design of the 360 to eliminate the RROD completely.

I think it might still take another few months though before we can really establish a clear picture as to whether or not the Falcon is less faulty than it's predecessor.

It could be more reliable, but perhaps it's only delayed the ineviatable for a few more months this time around.