By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who did it better: Rare vs Blizzard

Tagged games:

Who did it better in their prime?

Rare LTD 30 45.45%

Blizzard ENT 36 54.55%

Total:66
Chrizum said:

The only reason Rare is even close in the polls is because this community hates PC games, or never played them. If you played Starcraft, Warcraft 2 or 3, and Diablo 2 in their prime, you'd have no doubt that Blizzard was the superior developer. Although Rare was amazing as well of course.

But thinking about these developers makes me so sad, both were at the absolute top of their game, and both are nothing more than disappointing puddle of nothingness now. Blizzard especially, such a horrible company nowadays. Overwatch was their last good game, and I'm convinced nothing they will ever release will be any good. Best to forget about them completely. So sad.

I made a thread a few years back titled Blizzard has fallen.  Seems appropriate now.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
snyps said:

Don’t forget Wizards and Warriors (Rare). For an NES title, it was an amazingly accessible action platformer. Level design was original and still is quite unique. One of the few games I could beat all on my own as a child.

Killer Instinct is top tier for me in terms of games that shattered my expectations of what I thought I liked. Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Virtual Fighter, and Street Fighter II seemed unbeatable.

I’ll say that there are two kinds of gamers, those who love playing lots of different titles, and those who play mainly one title and get really competitive in it. Rare is king of the former and Blizzard is king of the latter.

I fell in with Rare.

I had wizards and warriors and while accessible it was also very easy to get lost mid to end game.   It was a god damn maze which of course I never finished.

The very first level was like that for me. Had no idea what to do in all those trees. It felt like ground hog day returning to the same place. It’s pretty cool when I realized I was exiting in different parts of the forest. 

The levels were laid out very different from other games. Do you remember what level you got stuck in, what it looked like?

snyps said:
sethnintendo said:

I had wizards and warriors and while accessible it was also very easy to get lost mid to end game.   It was a god damn maze which of course I never finished.

The very first level was like that for me. Had no idea what to do in all those trees. It felt like ground hog day returning to the same place. It’s pretty cool when I realized I was exiting in different parts of the forest. 

The levels were laid out very different from other games. Do you remember what level you got stuck in, what it looked like?

I'll get back to you.  I'll try play again soon.  Thanks for bringing up such a memorable game that me and my sister tried so hard to beat.  I think we just got stuck or it kept looping back kind of like what happened to you.   I remember either walls or enemies screwing us over.  Maybe we got caught in an endless loop midgane.