By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online adds The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask in February

Tagged games:

snyps said:
Dulfite said:

That's impressive! Lol. How did you manage to keep trying after failure 3-4?

Nintendo keeps re-releasing it on each system, over the past 25 years. Repeating the monkey level always gets tiresome and that’s usually where I quit.

I almost finished it on 3ds. It’s a seriously long game imo. Using a cheat guide ultimately saved a lot of grief. 

I tried it for the first time on 3ds and quit. I recall some annoying monkey place too before quitting. My main issue with it is for puzzle games I like to take my time to solve it, not feel rushed the way that game makes you. And I hate starting days over.

The game is incredibly unique but it just isn't for me 

Around the Network

Still not enough for me to opt for the expansion pack. I wish they could add GameBoy to their standard tier, but something tells me that the base NSO is not going to get any better.

Mar1217 said:
Slownenberg said:

Nice, I never did beat MM back on the N64, will need to beat it on Switch.
Have they fixed the problems with the N64 games yet?? The expansion is starting to get enticing now, assuming the games look right and run well.

To be frank, the emulation isn't the most optimal (sad :( ) but the phenomenon was blown out of proportion due to OOT being the actual only game who people knew had really bad glitches and fixes needed.

oh okay. Yeah the OoT emulation seemed horrible from what i read about. Though that makes me wonder if MM is going to have the same problems. Have they fixed the emulation problems with OoT yet?

Dulfite said:
snyps said:

Nintendo keeps re-releasing it on each system, over the past 25 years. Repeating the monkey level always gets tiresome and that’s usually where I quit.

I almost finished it on 3ds. It’s a seriously long game imo. Using a cheat guide ultimately saved a lot of grief. 

I tried it for the first time on 3ds and quit. I recall some annoying monkey place too before quitting. My main issue with it is for puzzle games I like to take my time to solve it, not feel rushed the way that game makes you. And I hate starting days over.

I don't blame anyone who couldn't enjoy MM for these reasons. While I personally enjoy the game and it's one of my favorite Zeldas, I absolutely experienced the same anxiety of feeling rushed while exploring and puzzle solving in dungeons, especially as they got bigger and more complex as the game went on. It's baffling that the developers didn't just have time stop completely while you're in a dungeon at least in the 3DS remake. It's soul crushing to spend hours trying to beat a dungeon on your own only to run out of time and have to do the whole thing over again.

burninmylight said:
Dulfite said:

I don't blame anyone who couldn't enjoy MM for these reasons. While I personally enjoy the game and it's one of my favorite Zeldas, I absolutely experienced the same anxiety of feeling rushed while exploring and puzzle solving in dungeons, especially as they got bigger and more complex as the game went on. It's baffling that the developers didn't just have time stop completely while you're in a dungeon at least in the 3DS remake. It's soul crushing to spend hours trying to beat a dungeon on your own only to run out of time and have to do the whole thing over again.

This! And I don't play games to have my soul crushed lol.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Once you get to a certain point in the game and play the song of time backwards, it really doesn't feel so rushed anymore. Sure, occasionally you'll have to go back to Termina to deposit your rupees and go back to the first day, but your items remain. You have two real time hours to do whatever it is you're going to do, and there is no need to stress because the knowledge you've gained and the items you've received are really the most important things. 

I felt the same way when I first played the game. One day I decided to stick it out, and I really enjoyed it. It's not as good as OoT for me for sure. Heck, I'd say it's probably one of my least favorite 3D Zelda titles overall (I think Skyward Sword is just below it for me), but it's surprisingly one of the most memorable just for its quirkiness. 

Did they fix the emulation problems already?

The worst Zelda until Skyward Sword came out. (CDi doesn't count)

EDIT: I take it back. Phantom Hourglass and some of the handheld spinoffs are way way worse.

Last edited by Leynos - on 22 January 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

The worst Zelda until Skyward Sword came out. (CDi doesn't count)

Worse than Four Swords Adventures?

JohannLink said:

Did they fix the emulation problems already?

I just read up on it.

It seems in the system update from a couple days ago they fixed or at least improved the water effects in Zelda but the fog is still entirely absent. The water temple dark link room which look absolutely horrendous before seems to look a lot better now with the water improvements so that is a good sign. Some people seem to like no fog and some people don't. I imagine not having fog could make for some awkward visuals because the game's graphics were designed in certain areas with fog in mind, but i dunno i haven't played it on Switch.

And apparently there is still a very minor input lag, which from what i've read isn't actually input lag but is lag in the rendering which makes it seem like input lag, but it amounts to the same thing for the user. But it's supposedly only a lag of about a single frame so I don't know if it is even very noticeable, seems like it would be hard to notice an input lag of a single frame. But i don't have the expansion pack yet so this is just based on what i've read.