By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 2, 2022 - (3rd Jan - 9th Jan)

Good for Superstars, such a great game

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
leo-j said:

Lol ps4 sales man …… that stock is not it.

Sony discontinued PS4 Pro and all other models except the 500GB Jet Black standard slim model in Japan since January 5, 2021 (1 year).

OP: PS5 down YoY. XBS still out of stock. Mario Party outsold Pokemon again. 3DS is up YoY. Pretty good Switch hardware numbers. Another 10 % down YoY would still be very healthy for Switch, maybe even another 5m year possible in Japan.

There is no ps5 stock whatever Sony sends to Japan is what is sold. Regardless I believe they are tracking better than ps4 again in Japan? Any numbers on that? 

mM
leo-j said:
siebensus4 said:

Sony discontinued PS4 Pro and all other models except the 500GB Jet Black standard slim model in Japan since January 5, 2021 (1 year).

OP: PS5 down YoY. XBS still out of stock. Mario Party outsold Pokemon again. 3DS is up YoY. Pretty good Switch hardware numbers. Another 10 % down YoY would still be very healthy for Switch, maybe even another 5m year possible in Japan.

There is no ps5 stock whatever Sony sends to Japan is what is sold. Regardless I believe they are tracking better than ps4 again in Japan? Any numbers on that? 

I don't think that's the case anymore.  If I'm not mistaken, the PS5 has been on sale for 61 weeks by the time of this sales data.  The PS4 released in Japan on February 22nd, 2014.  After 61 weeks (week ending April 18th, 2015), the PS4 had sold 1,378,043 in Japan (vs 1,280,689 for PS5 up to this data).

kenjab said:
Ashadelo said:

this is week 2?

Yeah, they determine the new year based on the last day of the week.  Since last week ended on Jan 2, 2022, they considered it Week 1 2022.  So Famitsu week numbers will be one off of what most other lists (including VGC) use.

The thread title says Week 1 currently.

------------------------------

The gap with 2021 for Switch is acceptable much better than the more than 100k difference we saw end of December.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
kenjab said:

Yeah, they determine the new year based on the last day of the week.  Since last week ended on Jan 2, 2022, they considered it Week 1 2022.  So Famitsu week numbers will be one off of what most other lists (including VGC) use.

The thread title says Week 1 currently.

Oof, I totally missed that. Fixed now. Thanks!

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
fedfed said:

3DS up y on y

I don't understand how there are even any 3DS's left. Didn't they stop production like 16 months ago or something??

MK8D is like a Terminator in the charts it just keeps coming back.

Honestly pretty pathetic sales, not much else to say.

Farsala said:

Honestly pretty pathetic sales, not much else to say.

Well thr Switch has a smaller WoW drop than last year at least.

Honestly, pretty good numbers for Switch, only a bit over 10% down from this week in 2021, when it was coming off it's peak calendar year.

It may be nearly 5 years old, but it can still gallop like a champion.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 January 2022