By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many mainline Pokemon games will Pokemon Legend Arceus outsell?

How many games it will outsell?

None 23 37.10%

1 - Black and White 5 8.06%

2 - BW and SM 1 1.61%

3 - BW, SM, and RS 3 4.84%

4 - BW, SM, RS, and XY 8 12.90%

5 - BW, SM, RS, XY, and DP 8 12.90%

6 - BW, SM, RS, XY, DP, and SS 3 4.84%

7 - BW, SM, RS, XY, DP, SS, GS 3 4.84%

ALL of them! 8 12.90%

Total:62

I think none. This game only has 1 version. I always buy both versions of all the mainline pokemon games. Not everyone does but I'd think at least 10% of pokemon gamers buy both versions

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:

I think none. This game only has 1 version. I always buy both versions of all the mainline pokemon games. Not everyone does but I'd think at least 10% of pokemon gamers buy both versions

I can't imagine its that high, I've never met anyone who buys both versions and I know a lot of pokemon fans. 

It'll beat black and white, maybe a couple more on the way to 17 million.

Switch has a massive install base and the lure of a dramatically changed open world Pokemon which many a fan have been wanting for years has arrived.

Pinkie_pie said:

Even if 10% buy both versions it wouldn't put PLA at that much of a disadvantage.

Slownenberg said:

I think it has a decent chance to hit 20 million. I don't think it'll come anywhere close to SS but it should beat all those 16m/17m games.
I would think it'll hit 10 million this quarter and be at 15 million by end of the year. Another 5 million the rest of its life is possible.

Seems to be taking the series in a fresh new direction. Even if it's not the full blown open world that people were probably hoping for. But the game looks cool.

The only possible wrench I could see is that they made the bizarre choice to release it two months after the DP remake, so it's possible pokemon fans aren't gonna feel like buying two Pokemon games in a row. This game would have made much more sense as a holiday '22 release.

I really cannot understand this decision for the life of me...

Around the Network

I think it could reach 20 million, and that's what I'm hoping for. Obviously, releasing so close to BDSP doesn't help but I'm sure that was because of covid.

I imagine that the original plan was to release BDSP in the middle of 2021 and have Arceus for holiday 2021. Then we could have Gen 9 in Holiday 2022 (which will probably be early 2023 at this point). Maybe Gen 9 is teased in February, which is why Arceus is in Jan.

I would hope for all of them, but I think Diamond and Pearl coming out 3 months back maybe will dampen its initial sales. I think word of mouth will take it to 20m and then the next iteration will outpace the mainline series

Standard numbers for Pokemon games. Between 12-15m copies sold.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Game is gonna sell over 25mil. Book it

@tbone51 Now that you are predicting that, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes close to that number!