By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Tops 98M, PS5 Outsells Xbox Series - Global Hardware Nov 28 to Dec 4

Mandalore76 said:
victor83fernandes said:

That's what I always said since the beginning, but people say I'm wrong, I say the switch chips are easier to manufacture, therefore they are not as much affected by the shortage. 

Its a shame because both ps5 and xbox could be setting sales records for a year 1.

On the other hand, the shortage kinda makes those consoles more desirable, I wonder, if you could just go into a store and get one easily, would it actually sell that well?

All 3 are affected by the chip shortage.  It doesn't matter how much more or less.  They are all losing out on sales because of an inability to create adequate supply.  Unless you think Nintendo is adjusting its production forecast down because they have no problem making them, but just don't believe they can sell them?

Around the Network

Went to Target today and they had 10 OLED models in stock, I walked by again right before I left (about 30 minutes later) and they were down to 2 so I ended up snagging one.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mandalore76 said:
Sogreblute said:

The Switch is a tablet. It's not a home console. It's a portable. Just because you can play it on a TV/monitor doesn't make it a home console. The main unit itself is a tablet.

"Nintendo Switch is designed to fit your life, transforming from home console to portable system in a snap."

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/system/

Also, it seems the largest retailer in the world disagrees with you as well.  Try typing "Gaming Tablet" into Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gaming+tablet&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Nintendo Switch will not show up as an option.  You know where it does show up?  Type in "gaming console".  It's right there alongside the XBox's and PlayStations:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gaming+console&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Fun Fact:  The same holds true for the World's 2nd Largest Retailer - Walmart.  Give it a shot.

If I connect my laptop to a monitor does it make it a desktop? If I connect my phone to a monitor does it make it a desktop? If I connect my PSP to my TV does it make it a home console? Does attaching a screen to the PS1, Gamecube, and Xbox Series S (forgot what those attachments are called) make them portables? No, every one of those are able to do more because of accessories/attachments. You cannot play the PSP on the TV without the accessory, and the same goes with the Switch. You cannot play on your TV without the dock, but you can play it portably without accessories because the tablet is the main unit you play off of.

You and everyone else can keep saying it's a home console, but it still doesn't change the fact it's a tablet first and foremost.

Sogreblute said:
Mandalore76 said:

"Nintendo Switch is designed to fit your life, transforming from home console to portable system in a snap."

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/system/

Also, it seems the largest retailer in the world disagrees with you as well.  Try typing "Gaming Tablet" into Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gaming+tablet&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Nintendo Switch will not show up as an option.  You know where it does show up?  Type in "gaming console".  It's right there alongside the XBox's and PlayStations:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gaming+console&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Fun Fact:  The same holds true for the World's 2nd Largest Retailer - Walmart.  Give it a shot.

If I connect my laptop to a monitor does it make it a desktop? If I connect my phone to a monitor does it make it a desktop? If I connect my PSP to my TV does it make it a home console? Does attaching a screen to the PS1, Gamecube, and Xbox Series S (forgot what those attachments are called) make them portables? No, every one of those are able to do more because of accessories/attachments. You cannot play the PSP on the TV without the accessory, and the same goes with the Switch. You cannot play on your TV without the dock, but you can play it portably without accessories because the tablet is the main unit you play off of.

You and everyone else can keep saying it's a home console, but it still doesn't change the fact it's a tablet first and foremost.

Considering the dock is part of the Switch package right out of the box and your own other examples need additional extras, purchased separately to operate as you claim, you have completely contradicted your own argument. Well done! Saves all of us the bother of explaining it to you.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Switch still less than 9% down from one of the best selling years of any system ever.
Anyone know the current record for a system's 5th year?

Around the Network

I wonder how many people wanting to get a PS5 are getting a Series S instead for the time being just so they can play multiplats without needing to use the PS4 for them anymore. Shame a console with such high demand is getting its full first year significantly held back like this.

I believe that would be the DS at 27.28 million.

PAOerfulone said:

So is Switch likely headed for second place of all time then?

peachbuggy said:
Sogreblute said:

Considering the dock is part of the Switch package right out of the box and your own other examples need additional extras, purchased separately to operate as you claim, you have completely contradicted your own argument. Well done! Saves all of us the bother of explaining it to you.

The better way to learn, try to explicate your conceptions and see how wrong you are. 

curl-6 said:
PAOerfulone said:

So is Switch likely headed for second place of all time then?

Most likely.

It would take a near record breaking December for it to take the title from the DS.