By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big is your gaming backlog?

How big is your gaming backlog?

0 games 19 2.56%

1 - 5 games 82 11.04%

6 - 10 games 57 7.67%

11 - 20 games 90 12.11%

21 - 30 games 46 6.19%

31 - 40 games 29 3.90%

41 - 50 games 24 3.23%

51 - 100 games 65 8.75%

101 - 200 games 72 9.69%

More than 200 games 259 34.86%

Total:743

I dont have a backlog as i play what i want when i want. My BF on the other hand well...I dont even know if i should say, but lets put the number north of 700 .

Around the Network

If I count all the shitty games I bought for 2 Euro and all the Game Pass and Games with Gold games I would consider playing, then it's definitely a few hundred.
I got about 550 games installed on my Series X and I always delete games I've fully completed, so that number should be the minimum.

When it comes to games that are definitely worth playing I guess it's around 50-100 games that I really want to complete.

Something between 20 and 200 games, I don't keep track with all the digital platforms, even physical, for example I bought a lot of 40 PS3 games this year for reselling and some of them I would consider playing myself.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

As a kid in the NES era, we never got a new game until we finished the one we had--which sucked because sometimes we picked the hardest games imaginable.

Somewhere around the 5th gen (age 20ish), I started relaxing on the rule and during the 7th gen, it was out of the window. I became more of a collector than a gamer. Now, I don't even collect. I'm full digital. I guess I'm just a buyer.

And my backlog is EASILY over 200. I just keep re-playing the games that I really enjoyed and buying things I hope to get around to (and downloading "free" games I'll never play). The gaming deficit continues to grow...

I generally do not have a backlog of owned games. Sometimes I might have two or three games that I've purchased but have not yet played. But that's as bad as that ever gets. I just do not buy games until I'm ready to play them, or almost ready, at least. Once you start doing that, you might as well light your money on fire.

I do have what I consider a backlog though. That's just a list (kept in my head mostly) of games that I want to purchase and play. However, I'm not big into going back and playing old games. So, once a game gets to about 5 years old or so, I eliminate it from my mental backlog. I'd say my current backlog is in the neighborhood of a dozen games.

Around the Network

I have approx. 700 games via digital releases. 30% of games are ultimately completed, so... even 70% of this is still a big number.
Fortunately, the biggest amount is on PS2 and my console doesn't used much lastly a couple of months. It's time to unleash the beast from 2000 :)

Video games and consoles collector from Poland.

Honestly only like 10, I mostly just buy games that I think I'll enjoy since I don't have that much free time + I want to save up money for other more important stuff.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 07 December 2021

VAMatt said:

I generally do not have a backlog of owned games. Sometimes I might have two or three games that I've purchased but have not yet played. But that's as bad as that ever gets. I just do not buy games until I'm ready to play them, or almost ready, at least. Once you start doing that, you might as well light your money on fire.

I do have what I consider a backlog though. That's just a list (kept in my head mostly) of games that I want to purchase and play. However, I'm not big into going back and playing old games. So, once a game gets to about 5 years old or so, I eliminate it from my mental backlog. I'd say my current backlog is in the neighborhood of a dozen games.

I would like to hire you as my financial consultant. Unfortunately, I can only pay you in backlog games--which goes against everything you believe in.

I'm starving for something to play and I have 8 games in backlog. How is this possible? Because they are all buggy games that I'm waiting to get fixed before I buy them. I don't want an experience that's less than what it was intended to be, or worse yet, seriously broken.

This question brought me anxiety. 60-70+ games. Thank you