By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 2042 PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Test

On which platform the game is actually interesting ?

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

There is a big difference in manufacturing cost between the two. Perhaps as much as $100.

One is strongly advertised as the most powerful console and has been considered the best place to play multiplat games.

The other is making a profit, and is crushing it without advertising.

I'm not talking about the consoles, but the games anyone with a brain knows that the majority of 3rd party games will run pretty much the same on both, and modern game engines combined with both consoles running pretty much the same tech with minor variations means we will see more of the lets  freeze the frame blow it up and use a pointer to show some texture that appears for a fraction of a sec and will never be noticed by me while I'm trying to play the actual game.

Yup. If someone gets a boner from minor things like this, good for them.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
mjk45 said:

If you can't tell the difference without needing to running a battery of tests then  I don't give a shit.

There is a big difference in manufacturing cost between the two. Perhaps as much as $100.

One is strongly advertised as the most powerful console and has been considered the best place to play multiplat games.

You do know the best games came late in the ps3 lifecycle? Just tone it down, bias is showing

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I really dont care for shooters so I'll skip that.

But I would argue this was gona be not important as at this graphic settings and framerates the diference would go unoticed without the zoom 800% and 8x slower playback. But one company whent bragging to the high heavens about power and all that. Its only highlited because MS made it their focus and then promised heavenly tools that will fix everything in the future.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

kirby007 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

You do know the best games came late in the ps3 lifecycle? Just tone it down, bias is showing

Is your point that later in the gen ps5 games are gona leave in the dust series x games like the previous 2 gens did? If so I say that already happen withing the launch. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

The XSX and PS5 hardware are close enough that the one that runs better is generally going to come down to the system that they paid more attention to. With PS5 obviously going to be the hardware with the highest number of users for the most part it'll be the PS5, so the minor GPU deficit will be made up for with that.

mjk45 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I'm not talking about the consoles, but the games anyone with a brain knows that the majority of 3rd party games will run pretty much the same on both, and modern game engines combined with both consoles running pretty much the same tech with minor variations means we will see more of the lets  freeze the frame blow it up and use a pointer to show some texture that appears for a fraction of a sec and will never be noticed by me while I'm trying to play the actual game.

Yep, this is something I've noticed with Digital Foundry analysis videos for some time now. Like half the time I see a video from them, they're zoomed in on a certain scene x amount of times. I'm just like... okay.... so you won't even notice it when you're actually playing the game.

kirby007 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I don't know why we're talking about games. But the boss of the Xbox will always be Phil Spencer. The end of the xb1 generation He didn't produce any great games.

It's at the point where anyone in the know, knows both consoles will perform near identically overall, other than for exclusives. It will be years before any considerable differences start to show, if they do that is.

Problem is MS made a big deal out of power, even at the start of this gen, and uses that as it's main marketing. Now to their credit, they did go from a general, 'XBSX is the most powerful console ever', to, 'XBSX is the most powerful XB ever'. The issue with that is, the narrative is still, XBSX is clearly the most powerful of all consoles, when it's not. MS and it's fans obviously don't mind this, and SNY and it's fans seemingly aren't fond of it.

Due to this, some SNY fans have gone out of their way to make it clear that both consoles are darn near par overall, but mostly because some XB fans, or uniformed gamers, are perpetuating the XBSX power narrative. It's one thing for XB1X to have had that narrative behind it, because it was true of the hardware as of it's launch, but some are furthering that power narrative illegitimately due to XBSX early marketing.

Personally, to legitimately market your hardware in this manner, more than just DF has to be able to pinpoint the difference. If you're basically relying on DF to show the difference, then it's pretty much just marketing, or words, which can easily be rebutted.

The bright side is the games themselves should be able to take a greater focus now, especially (AAA) exclusives.

I just remembered some interesting news from 2020. Did people back then think he was joking?

Xboss feels Series X has a launch games and hardware advantage over PS5

PHIL SPENCER SAYS HE “FELT GOOD” AFTER SEEING THE PLAYSTATION 5 REVEAL SHOW 

Xbox head Phil Spencer has said he believes Xbox Series X has an advantage over PlayStation 5 when it comes to launch games and hardware.

During the Gamelab Live conference on Wednesday, Spencer was asked for his reaction to the recent PS5 reveal event, where Sony debuted next-gen software and unveiled the console’s design

“I watched the show, I thought they did a good job,” he responded, adding that he sent Sony Interactive Entertainment president Jim Ryan a note of congratulations for PlayStation‘s production efforts on the event.

“As a competitor it’s great to have them out there now so we kind of know what the programme is, we see the device, we see the games,” he continued.

Just being honest, I felt good after seeing their show. I think the hardware advantages that we have built are going to show up as we’re talking more about our games and frame rates and other things.

“I thought the games line-up that we’re going to have at launch I felt really good about, and we got more clarity on what they’re doing at their show which just helped us focus in on more of what we have, and I think that will be a strength for us at launch.

“So I thought they did a good job, I thought they do what they do very well and they did that, but when I think about the position that we’re in, with the games that we’re going to be able to show and how they’re going to show up, and the hardware advantage that we have, I think we’re in a very good position.”

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/xbox-boss-feels-series-x-has-a-launch-games-and-hardware-advantage-over-ps5/