By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 2042 PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Test

Well that last post you made certainly solidifies the fact that this is nothing more than console warriorz nonsense. But you do realize games you mentioned like Ass Creed and Dirt were, in fact, poorly optimized and did in fact get patches? You make a silly comment about the media making excuses, isn’t it just common sense that the XSX version of a game having a bizarre resolution like Dirt would be a glitch? Turned out it was and was patched.

So judging by your pic, BF has a spot on SX where there is a hard frame lock at 0. What are we supposed to take from this, except that the game is clearly not optimized? Whatever the PS5 can run it at, the SX should run it better, it’s more powerful.

What you are seeing in many of the first year titles is developers see they can push the resolution higher on SX so they do so without regard to small frame rate costs.

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

There is a big difference in manufacturing cost between the two. Perhaps as much as $100.

One is strongly advertised as the most powerful console and has been considered the best place to play multiplat games.

The other is making a profit, and is crushing it without advertising.

I'm not talking about the consoles, but the games anyone with a brain knows that the majority of 3rd party games will run pretty much the same on both, and modern game engines combined with both consoles running pretty much the same tech with minor variations means we will see more of the lets  freeze the frame blow it up and use a pointer to show some texture that appears for a fraction of a sec and will never be noticed by me while I'm trying to play the actual game.

There are countless videos on Youtube comparing GPU cards, CPUs, and smartphones, and DF is one of them.

The average person can't tell the difference between a Galaxy and a Pixel just by touching them, but there are many people who want to know the difference.

In fact, most people on the Internet are not smart enough to know the difference. Companies spend a lot of money on advertising for their brand image, and the media cooperates with them. Tflops' numbers would have been very useful for advertising.

Phil Spencer would have been well aware of that.

Battlefield is an outlier though - along with a few games that came out at the start of the generation.

Since then I would say that most of the multiplatform comparisons done by Digital Foundry have shown a ~10% resolution improvement of Xbox Series X over that of the PS5. Sometimes this results in additional dips to frame rate but I suspect that developers are okay with 55fps to 60fps on the Series X since it has VRR. Sometimes performance is on par despite the gap in resolution targets.

All in all I would say that Series X has started to perform as expected in comparison to PS5 and I would imagine that this trend is pretty set for the rest of the generation.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
mjk45 said:

I'm not talking about the consoles, but the games anyone with a brain knows that the majority of 3rd party games will run pretty much the same on both, and modern game engines combined with both consoles running pretty much the same tech with minor variations means we will see more of the lets  freeze the frame blow it up and use a pointer to show some texture that appears for a fraction of a sec and will never be noticed by me while I'm trying to play the actual game.

There are countless videos on Youtube comparing GPU cards, CPUs, and smartphones, and DF is one of them.

The average person can't tell the difference between a Galaxy and a Pixel just by touching them, but there are many people who want to know the difference.

In fact, most people on the Internet are not smart enough to know the difference. Companies spend a lot of money on advertising for their brand image, and the media cooperates with them. Tflops' numbers would have been very useful for advertising.

Phil Spencer would have been well aware of that.

All of which have nothing to do with my comments, and doesn't change what I said, I was commenting on game parity I wasn't denigrating technical analysis, I talking about how silly this debate is in light these differences head deeper and deeper into the world of minutia it has done nothing to dampen the noise that no matter how it's couched can be distilled down to a mines better than yours rhetoric , 

Last edited by mjk45 - on 01 December 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot