By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Multiversus Reveal:

KrspaceT said:

That also means there is a market for it, and being free is hardly going to make it struggle against a Nintendo priced smash. And glad I'm not the only one who thinks it seemed slowwwwwww

We'll have to wait and see what sort of thing comes about with it. Could be a late release, or the way WB is going to deal with MT's on Switch. 

I think it's been designed at that pace for the younger audience, but I don't know why they bothered, since even kids play Smash and they seem fine with the speed that game runs at. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
KrspaceT said:

That also means there is a market for it, and being free is hardly going to make it struggle against a Nintendo priced smash. And glad I'm not the only one who thinks it seemed slowwwwwww

We'll have to wait and see what sort of thing comes about with it. Could be a late release, or the way WB is going to deal with MT's on Switch. 

I think it's been designed at that pace for the younger audience, but I don't know why they bothered, since even kids play Smash and they seem fine with the speed that game runs at. 

Companies constantly underestimate what kids like or want. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

twintail said:
KrspaceT said:

Rollback netcode: more complicated to port than Witcher 3. 

Chrizum said:

I think they skipped Switch because they are afraid to go up to Smash. Which is telling of their confidence in their game.

That doesn't even remotely make sense, especially with it being F2P with cross-progression and cross-play.

in relation to SamSho on switch not having rollback, the CPU can't handle it quick enough depending on the game itself. 

I see. Now that you mention it, Smash is completely unplayable online on Switch (as was on Wii U as was on Wii). I can imagine they need online to be silky smooth because as a F2P game online is all they have.

twintail said:
KrspaceT said:

Rollback netcode: more complicated to port than Witcher 3. 

in relation to SamSho on switch not having rollback, the CPU can't handle it quick enough depending on the game itself. 

That doesn't make any sense. A fighting game, especially a 2D one, doesn't have overly complicated physics, and rollback is about split seconds, so easily doable.

Now the tweet talks about an *emulated* game. In this non-native case the whole emulation has to be done, including the (in case of rollback) pointless rendering. That is much more work needed.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Looks better than the Nickelodeon one. I guess I'll try it if it's free, but can't see myself playing this all that much when Smash is available.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Mnementh said:

That doesn't make any sense. A fighting game, especially a 2D one, doesn't have overly complicated physics, and rollback is about split seconds, so easily doable.

Now the tweet talks about an *emulated* game. In this non-native case the whole emulation has to be done, including the (in case of rollback) pointless rendering. That is much more work needed.

Rollback is also CPU intensive. The simpler things are, the easier it is. But the more stuff you have going, the more things need to be taken into account. It's not just physics: you have to consider sounds, the various command inputs if different players for example: all info that is being registered needs to be accounted for rollback to work. Depending on the degree to which rollback is used, more frames can be kept and adjusted. 

The Nikelodeon fighter supposedly only has rollback for 1v1 on the Switch. 2v2 doesn't support it:

Clarification on rollback netcode for the game, from Rep on Discord : AllStarBrawl (reddit.com)

Additionally, 'emulation' is most likely being used to account for the game having to emulate what happened before, and then to emulate what the outcome would be (hence rollback)

(9) Mike Mika on Twitter: "@jotamide @Pond3r @necrosofty @VOLGARR @DigitalEclipse It does have rollback. Switch suffers from how many simulations you can do for rollback due to CPU speed." / Twitter

Why doesn’t every game have rollback net code? : Fighters (reddit.com)

If the Switch is unable to support the same level of rollback being seen in the other versions, then that itself will be a problem for cross-play. So, they either 'ruin' the online experience for everyone because Switch users can do cross-play, or they close-off the Switch version as it's own thing. Neither is ideal situation. If anything, they'll just wait for a stronger Switch to release.

Sorry no, you don't need to calculate sounds, frames, graphics or any of the like, as all outputs are already done and cannot be changed. What you roll back is the position of the fighter and the action that did happen. If you calculate all the other stuff, you do something wrong. If the game is emulated and you add rollback outside the emulation (because the original game was only local and you add networking outside of emulation by simulation the remote player as player 2), then you have to rollback the whole simulation, no way around it unless you change the original code, which wouldn't be emulation anymore.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]