By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Multiversus Reveal:

So the game's officially revealed....and I'm underwhelmed. 

The game feels too slow, not sure about it being a Brawhalla style game, and of course why not on the Switch. I mean....I don't exactly see why it wouldn't be able to run on it AND I am sure that fighters like this have an audience there. 

Also Arya Stark is playable. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Looks actually surprisingly good.
But why isn't this on the Switch?

Everything they talked about sounds good, I just don't like the way it looks. Those leaks a couple of months back saying it looked "cheap" were right imo.

twintail said:
KrspaceT said:

The game feels too slow, not sure about it being a Brawhalla style game, and of course why not on the Switch. I mean....I don't exactly see why it wouldn't be able to run on it AND I am sure that fighters like this have an audience there. 

Kakadu18 said:

Looks actually surprisingly good.
But why isn't this on the Switch?

Because the Switch's CPU is not strong enough to handle multiple instances of rollback netcode. 

Rollback netcode: more complicated to port than Witcher 3. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

It looks good visually, but holy hell does it look so slow. It's like watching a video at x0.5 speed. They could do with making it play just a tiny bit faster or more fluid at least.

Switch already has one of the best brawlers around, Smash, and I'm pretty sure they also have the Nick based game as well to play. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 18 November 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

It looks good visually, but holy hell does it look so slow. It's like watching a video at x0.5 speed. They could do with making it play just a tiny bit faster or more fluid at least.

Switch already has one of the best brawlers around, Smash, and I'm pretty sure they also have the Nick based game as well to play. 

That also means there is a market for it, and being free is hardly going to make it struggle against a Nintendo priced smash. And glad I'm not the only one who thinks it seemed slowwwwwww

I thought this game looks kinda decent. F2P is always worrying, I need to know how exactly they want to monetize it. The decision to leave out Switch is puzzling, obviously there is a market for this style of fighter on that platform.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

KrspaceT said:
Chazore said:

That also means there is a market for it, and being free is hardly going to make it struggle against a Nintendo priced smash. And glad I'm not the only one who thinks it seemed slowwwwwww

The slowness is alright for an old man like me... I can't put up with the fast stuff of the youth these days.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Looks to be about the same speed as the original Smash Bros. on N64. Which means it's slooooooooow.

I think they skipped Switch because they are afraid to go up to Smash. Which is telling of their confidence in their game.

Chrizum said:

Looks to be about the same speed as the original Smash Bros. on N64. Which means it's slooooooooow.

I think they skipped Switch because they are afraid to go up to Smash. Which is telling of their confidence in their game.

Still a baffling choice. Competition fear didn't stop people from throwing shooters and battle royales against each other. Do people fear Smash more than they fear COD? 

...Also I do feel like saying again, being free is a huge advantage.