By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best gyro aiming on Switch

Gyroscopic aiming has more or less become a standard inclusion for Switch shooters. (And many games that aren't strictly shooters too)

What game(s) in your opinion feature the best implementation of it?

Around the Network

Some good examples:
-BotW
-any Doom game
-any Sniper Elite game
- Crysis
-Pikmin 3 Deluxe

I’m very curious, because I loved IR aiming on the Wii, and haven’t really found a proper game with gyro aiming on the Switch, yet.

I guess some of the Ring Fit Adventure stuff qualifies. That would be about it for me since I’m holding off on GTA… not sure I want to play it with so much missing music… I wanted all the music as a minimum… if they put in extra channels with more music, that’s be ideal.

But thanks for the topic, very curious about the results.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I’m very curious, because I loved IR aiming on the Wii, and haven’t really found a proper game with gyro aiming on the Switch, yet.

I guess some of the Ring Fit Adventure stuff qualifies. That would be about it for me since I’m holding off on GTA… not sure I want to play it with so much missing music… I wanted all the music as a minimum… if they put in extra channels with more music, that’s be ideal.

But thanks for the topic, very curious about the results.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe is basically all gyro aiming. But you need to reset it quite often.

Ever since Star Fox's return was ruined by them focusing on gyro controls rather than actual good gameplay, a decent story, and a modernly long campaign in the form of Star Fox Zero, I've cringed at seeing the word gyro. Still cringe.

Around the Network

Doom and Doom Eternal.

The ones that allow me turn if off the gyro and don't be punished because of it 

I'll vote for Pikmin 3

If I had to name the BEST one, I would say Doom Eternal. The level of precision and the speed are unbelievable.

Splatoon 2 for 3rd person shooter controls. I guess Doom Eternal for FPS controls, though I haven't gotten around to that 1 yet. Crysis 1 launched with some pretty bad gyro controls but they seem to have been fixed in a later patch and 2 and 3 work well.

Watching my daughter play, probably Splatoon 2. But I don't play that game. For me, it's probably Breath of the Wild or Resident Evil 5/6.