By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards Thread (2021) It Takes Two Wins GOTY

What excites you most about TGA?

The winners 2 4.44%

The tears of the losers 2 4.44%

Geoff getting visibly frustrated 1 2.22%

Game Announcements 26 57.78%

The guy who voices "world premiere" 4 8.89%

When the credits role 2 4.44%

Revealing viewership from last year to brag 0 0%

Josef fares... Anything to do with the man 4 8.89%

Live Music 0 0%

A rumored game once again not bring announced 4 8.89%

Total:45
IcaroRibeiro said:

Was I the only excited to see TLOU 2 winning?

The game is amazing, so not the only one

I only voted in like 4 categories this year. RE8 for Action Adventure and GOTY, Bowsers Fury for Family and BOTW2 for most anticipated.

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
Kakadu18 said:

Well I can't comment on the gameplay, since I didn't play it myself, but I watched all of it and I hated the story.

How so? The story is the best thing about the game

If that's so then I'll never play it.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Well, I don't know if "excited" is the right term I would use in my case. I knew it was going to win, that was never in doubt, and deservedly so. 

That game gets FAR too much hate, the vast majority of which it doesn't deserve.

KLXVER said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I only voted in like 4 categories this year. RE8 for Action Adventure and GOTY, Bowsers Fury for Family and BOTW2 for most anticipated.

I meant, the only one who voted that option in last year poll 

IcaroRibeiro said:
KLXVER said:

I meant, the only one who voted that option in last year poll 

I voted for TLOU2 as well.

Around the Network

Only GOTY candidates I played were Psychonauts 2 and Metroid Dread. I can't say they don't deserve to be nominated, because I haven't played anything better that came out this year, but while they're very good games, I don't feel like they meet the standards of past GOTY winners or nominees. It's been kind of a slow year I guess with most companies hedging their bets on the next gen. Nintendo has released alot of good stuff but nothing really exceptional or mold breaking.

I feel very underwhelmed by the nominees, this is probably the least interesting GOTY awards since the creation of the show, at least for me.
I assume Metroid Dread is going to win by default?
Having that said, eh, it really doesnt matter. Nothing matters.

Jpcc86 said:

I feel very underwhelmed by the nominees, this is probably the least interesting GOTY awards since the creation of the show, at least for me.

I highly doubt Metroid Dread will win, even though, of the games listed, it's the one I voted for. It doesn't have the wide ranging family appeal most Nintendo games have and it's a very safe game as it more or less stays true to what previous entries have done (especially Fusion). It's just too niche, even this one with its fantastic sales, to beat out the AAA budget titans that the critics adore.

Jpcc86 said:

Who cares? Most of us watch it for the game announcements anyway.

How the flippin fuck is NEO: The World Ends With You not nominated on the music category? What the actual hell? This game has one of the best and most original soundtracks I've seen in years!