By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

GoOnKid said:

47 - The chronological beginning of a long lasting series about a family feud against the count of darkness.

Castlevania Lament of Innocence?

Yes!

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Runa216 said:

42 - Nope! 

41 - Yep!

42 - Mega Man X4 it is, then.

Indeed it is! All of the first four Mega Man X games are on the list, making the Mega Man X Legacy collection one of the best collections ever. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

So I'm behind on hints. #40 which I'll post later today has been guessed a while ago already though, Resident Evil Revelations by Mnementh. Here's new hints for #39 and #38 and first hints for #37 and #36. We're pretty far in already actually;

#39: This game features campaigns for only five of the six civilisations, however, when you use cheats codes in a certain level, you can play a tiny secret level involving the missing civilisation.

Hint 2: Which makes sense, in the movie this civilisation asks for the help, no, begs for the help of another the lives on the on same planet, because they have no army.

#38: This game features three real life people but only one of them is on the cover.

Hint 3: He is the coolest one though, because a black top hat is cool. Guitar Hero III - Guessed by TruckOSaurus

#37: The end boss is a certain evil person that's inside a big robotic suit. Wolfenstein 3D - Guessed by Mnementh

#36: At some point, the way forward is blocked by a giant statue that looks like a couple of bosses. Super Metroid - Guessed by GoOnKid

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 22 November 2021

Runa216 said:

42 - For the first time in this series, you can play a full campaign as the cooler, redder character instead of the blue boy with lemons. You could play as them in an earlier entry, but selectively.
41 - "un forastero!" *Throws an axe at you*

42: Mega Man X4

41: Detràs de ti imbécil! - Resident Evil 4

Signature goes here!

S.Peelman said:

So I'm behind on hints. #40 which I'll post later today has been guessed a while ago already though, Resident Evil Revelations by Mnementh. Here's new hints for #39 and #38 and first hints for #37 and #36. We're pretty far in already actually;

#39: This game features campaigns for only five of the six civilisations, however, when you use cheats codes in a certain level, you can play a tiny secret level involving the missing civilisation.

Hint 2: Which makes sense, in the movie this civilisation asks for the help, no, begs for the help of another the lives on the on same planet, because they have no army.

#38: This game features three real life people but only one of them is on the cover.

Hint 3: He is the coolest one though, because a black top hat is cool.

#37: The end boss is a certain evil person that's inside a big robotic suit.

#36: At some point, the way forward is blocked by a giant statue that looks like a couple of bosses.

#38: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

#36: At some point, the way forward is blocked by a giant statue that looks like a couple of bosses.

#37: Wolfenstein 3D

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

TruckOSaurus said:
S.Peelman said:

#38: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Yes!

Mnementh said:

#37: Wolfenstein 3D

And yes!

Both correct.

#40: Sid Meier's Civilization VI

The first Civilization game I played. At first I was a bit overwhelmed by it, but then I ended up putting well over 400 hours into the game.

Civilization VI looks pretty and offers a ton of settings before starting a game. I prefer to play with unlimited rounds and an as big as possible world with world domination as my goal. The Roman guy is very handy for that as you get the legion as a special military unit early on to eliminate as many foes as possible early on.

Starting up a bit slow every match soon turned into a warzone which then turned into a nuclear war a few thousand years later. The atomic bombs are really fun to use.

BOOM!

Civilization games eat your time up faster than almost any other game. I start the game up and the next time I look at a clock it's 5 hours or more later. Perfect game to deprive yourself of your sleep. It's a fun time.

This is my third favorite turn-based strategy game (FE: Awakening is the fourth).

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3, PS4)

YoY: -7

The game that raised the Uncharted-series into one of the defining series of the 7th console generation. The first game had been quite good, but flawed in a lot of ways. It was here where the series truly found its footing both in terms of gameplay and storytelling. The balance between the two was also vastly improved. In addition, some of the set-pieces here are among the most memorable in video game history. It's not the best game in the series, but I still consider it one of the shining examples of this cinematic style of video games.

More hints.
#38: There is a level where a dog swallows a key you need to progress and you need to chase and catch it to get the key back.