By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Supermario28 said:
S.Peelman said:

Extra hint for #42 and first hint for #41. 

#42: Your callsign seems to assume you're still a rookie, even though you've already been a pilot in a serious adventure in the previous game.

Hint 2: I think that's why there's a level where you have to listen to you instructor, follow [his] lead and do as [he] says.

#41: This game introduced many new technical features, including multiple floors and the ability to look and shoot up or down.

#41 Doom?

#42 Doom Eternal?

Nope.

Machina said:
S.Peelman said:

No, but the genre is right. Bonus hint; 41 and 42 are of the same franchise.

My guess for the series is Star Wars - lots of different genres there, so would easily cover the flight combat and FPS genres. No idea which games though.

Warm.

coolbeans said:
S.Peelman said:

Extra hint for #42 and first hint for #41. 

#42: Your callsign seems to assume you're still a rookie, even though you've already been a pilot in a serious adventure in the previous game.

Hint 2: I think that's why there's a level where you have to listen to you instructor, follow [his] lead and do as [he] says.

#41: This game introduced many new technical features, including multiple floors and the ability to look and shoot up or down.

Going off Machina's Star Wars suggestion, I'll give it another shot.

#42 - Star Wars: Rouge Squadron II - Rouge Leader

#41 - Star Wars: Dark Forces

Yes!

Well, one of them. Dark Forces is correct, Rogue Squadron 2 isn’t. It’s decently close, but not as advanced yet and not in the Rogue Squadron series. I’ll give another real hint soonish, if it’s not guessed by this semi-hint.

And here I had all kinds of cool hints lined up for Dark Forces…

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Last hints for #44 before I post it.

#44 - Hint: This game is a quest to a place named like a geometric dragon.
Supplementary Hint: The two pyramids are a bit smaller than they used to be, and aren't really pyramids anymore.
Supplementary Hint 2: This action game introduced several side characters but all but one were absent from the next install-ments in the series.
Supplementary Hint 3???: Random Song: Here comes the sun. Random Band: Queen
Supplementary Hint 4: This is the "first" game in the series.

Supplementary Hint 5

Aaah it's that good ol' classic Potato-A-Tie! Great game!

Signature goes here!

Mnementh said:
#44Gylt
guessed byno one
platformStadia
release year2019
developer/publisherTequila Works
genrestealth/horror
linkstrailer, Moby games
past years

I never would have guessed that, seems interesting though. After the arcade hint I was thinking something along the lines of Pokemon or Earthbound but that didn’t fit. Which of the games on my list is in this?

Zippy6 said:

Last hints for #44 before I post it.

#41 - Hint: This series has a lot of history, and the games contain quite a lot of it too.
Supplementary Hint: I win because I'm more cultured than you peasant.

Still no idea on 44 lol. For 41, maybe a strange guess but it seems to fit more or less; Rome: Total War?

Zippy6 said:

#41 - Hint: This series has a lot of history, and the games contain quite a lot of it too.

Sounds like a Civilization game. I'm gonna guess IV.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Zippy6 said:

Sounds like a Civilization game. I'm gonna guess IV.

Again I forgot to at least put an indication of which entry, so I'll give you it! xD

Civilization VI.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:
#44Gylt
guessed byno one
platformStadia
release year2019
developer/publisherTequila Works
genrestealth/horror
linkstrailer, Moby games
past years

I never would have guessed that, seems interesting though. After the arcade hint I was thinking something along the lines of Pokemon or Earthbound but that didn’t fit. Which of the games on my list is in this?

Oh, this game is from Tequila Works, in the Arcade is a machine of Rime, a previous game from them, which is in your list.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

Oh, this game is from Tequila Works, in the Arcade is a machine of Rime, a previous game from them, which is in your list.

Heh, that’s funny because I was pretty sure it was one of the others and it just couldn’t be that one.

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

Heh, that’s funny because I was pretty sure it was one of the others and it just couldn’t be that one.

I just booted into the game and made my way into the arcade, to take a screenshot for proof:

It is the only machine you actually can interact with, sadly not to play the game, Sally just comments it with 'Hm'.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Machina said:

#42 - This platformer's name consists of a single letter and a symbol. The game is almost as sparse as the name.

Extra hint - It's extremely difficult and usually when you die your little stick figure character is blown apart into little pieces.

N+, a good game I played back on the 360.

mZuzek said:
Kakadu18 said:

Welp, that's it. You're gonna get banned now. You had a good run.

Yep, sorry to say it, but this is the end. It was good times, I'll miss you.

Damn, well, that's a shame, I still loved the site DDDX

Also, I'll need to apologize once again because I went on an unexpected vacation and never had access to a PC to edit the table (as far as I know, you can't do it on mobile, and if you can, it must be a huge drag). I'll put all my remaining games now, just in case, lol. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.