By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Skyward Sword HD, Hardware/Software total for Switch Q2

Will Skyward Sword HD outsell Original in in it's first quarter?

Yes 16 94.12%

No 1 5.88%

Total:17

Nintendo's Fiscal Q2 results are out on Thursday and i'm thinking it will be reasonably positive although definately down yoy for hardware and probably software as well. The notable first Party offerings were Skyward Sword HD and Wario Ware Get it together released in July and September. I don't expect Wario Ware to break one million so might not get a mention but the most interesting result will be the sales for Skyward Sword and can it beat the original's lifetime sales in just one quarter, the original on Wii sold around 3.5m. It is a tall order but i think it will, SSHD was topping all the major charts in July and stuck around the charts in August before dissappearing but in those two months i think it sold enough.

Predictions

Hardware: 5.32 million

Software: 47.40 million

Top 3 Software

Skyward Sword HD: 4.12 million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 1.87 million

Animal Crossing NH: 1.39 million

Milestones

Smash Bros. Ultimate to pass 25 million

Luigi's Mansion 3 to Pass 10 million

Previous Quarterly HW and SW results for Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 02 November 2021

Around the Network

I think we'll get an update for NSMBUDX and hopefully Luigi's Mansion 3.
Also Mario Golf: Super Rush will have passed the original Mario Golf to become the best selling Mario Golf game and Miitopia definitely surpassed the original 3DS version.

I think there's a good chance that SS HD already outsold the original as of September 30th but it's not guaranteed.

Hardware: 5mil+
Software: 50mil ± 5mil

WarioWare launched rather late in the quarter and didn't set the charts on fire, so it's likely that it will have passed the million mark in the holiday quarter.

BotW likely sold over 1mil again after selling 830k and 920k in the last two quarters because of the sequel's trailer at E3 and the eshop discount.
Same goes for Super Mario Party, which sold 970k and 930k the previous two quarters and then got the online update.

So in addition to RFA, MK8, ACNH, SS HD and of course Super Mario 3D World, there should be more million sellers in a non holiday quarter than usual.

Kakadu18 said:

Also Mario Golf: Super Rush will have passed the original Mario Golf to become the best selling Mario Golf game and Miitopia definitely surpassed the original 3DS version.

I think there's a good chance that SS HD already outsold the original as of September 30th but it's not guaranteed.

WarioWare launched rather late in the quarter and didn't set the charts on fire, so it's likely that it will have passed the million mark in the holiday quarter.

BotW likely sold over 1mil again after selling 830k and 920k in the last two quarters because of the sequel's trailer at E3 and the eshop discount.
Same goes for Super Mario Party, which sold 970k and 930k the previous two quarters and then got the online update.

So in addition to RFA, MK8, ACNH, SS HD and of course Super Mario 3D World, there should be more million sellers in a non holiday quarter than usual.

So Switch could have another Series record with Mario Golf Super Rush, it was at 1.34m after Q, what number does it need to be the best Mario golf? With the 3 extra courses from the updates it is a pretty good game now. NSMBUDX was 10.44m and Luigi was 9.59m two quarters ago and i would expect them to sell at least 1m in half a year, so we should get an update. I agree Smash, SM3DW+BF, BOTW & SMP will turn in around 1.00m with Ring fit doing a little bit more. I think in the future SMP sales will decline because of MP Superstars.

ShadowLink93 said:
Kakadu18 said:

So Switch could have another Series record with Mario Golf Super Rush, it was at 1.34m after Q, what number does it need to be the best Mario golf? With the 3 extra courses from the updates it is a pretty good game now. NSMBUDX was 10.44m and Luigi was 9.59m two quarters ago and i would expect them to sell at least 1m in half a year, so we should get an update. I agree Smash, SM3DW+BF, BOTW & SMP will turn in around 1.00m with Ring fit doing a little bit more. I think in the future SMP sales will decline because of MP Superstars.

Mario Golf 64 sold 1.47mil. Super Rush definitely outsold it in it's second week, since it sold 1.34mil in it's first 6 days.

Kakadu18 said:
ShadowLink93 said:

Mario Golf 64 sold 1.47mil. Super Rush definitely outsold it in it's second week, since it sold 1.34mil in it's first 6 days.

So it just needs another 140k, should happen then. I'm shocked that Mario Golf has sold so poorly in the past.

Around the Network
ShadowLink93 said:
Kakadu18 said:

So it just needs another 140k, should happen then. I'm shocked that Mario Golf has sold so poorly in the past.

Apart from these two, only Toadstool Tour on the Gamecube sold over a million with 1.27mil.

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Mario_Sports

Do you guys see any chance of game builder garage passing 1 million?

I hope to see Skyward Sword do really well. Replaying it on Switch has made me appreciate this game so much more.
I'm going to guess 2.5 million for the quarter. I hope I'm wrong and its way more.

I also hope WarioWare hits 1 million lifetime. Honestly have had more fun with that game, and with the missions, unlockable cosmetics, and weekly challenges, I'm regularly putting this on. Has given my wife and I so many good laughs.

Other Predictions (lifetime sales): 
Luigi's Mansion 3-10 million

Mario 3D World-7.5 million

1doesnotsimply

I really think that Nintendo will ship more than 5.5m units in Q2. It's tracking significantly ahead of 2019 and, unlike 2020, should have had the first week or so shipments of a new iteration launch (the OLED). I'm going to guess 5.75M hardware shipped.

Mario Golf will likely be around 3M sold. Skyward Sword will be around 4.5M. I don't think Game Builder Garage will sell over 1M copies. Animal Crossing and Mario Kart will have added another million or so.

FarleyMcFirefly said:

Do you guys see any chance of game builder garage passing 1 million?

I hope to see Skyward Sword do really well. Replaying it on Switch has made me appreciate this game so much more.
I'm going to guess 2.5 million for the quarter. I hope I'm wrong and its way more.

I also hope WarioWare hits 1 million lifetime. Honestly have had more fun with that game, and with the missions, unlockable cosmetics, and weekly challenges, I'm regularly putting this on. Has given my wife and I so many good laughs.

Other Predictions (lifetime sales): 
Luigi's Mansion 3-10 million

Mario 3D World-7.5 million

Oh I totally forgot about Game Builder Garage. It definitely could have hit 1mil last quarter. If not then hopefully still within this fiscal year.

WarioWare should do so too. But because it launched in September and had only three weeks in that quarter it's likely not at 1mil yet as of September 30th. But it should get there.

Really curious what Paper Mario The Origami King is doing. I wanna know if it had what it takes to beat out Super Paper Mario for best selling in the series.

Super Paper Mario - 4.23 mil

Latest Sales Updates for ToK
3,120,000 06th May 2021
3,050,000 01st Feb 2021
2,820,000 05th Nov 2020

Went up 70k last quarter, I don't know if this quarter is typically the weakest or not that we are about to get information on? I'd imagine next quarter and the one after are the two strongest (Q3/Q4)) but I could be wrong.

Regardless, it needs 1.1 mil more from May 2021 through probably March 2023 (if Switch 2 comes out 6 years later). Any sales after Switch 2 comes will probably be very small, unless they remaster it for the next system (which I highly doubt they will).