By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dataminers find 38 N64 and 52 Genesis games as well as a new console for NSO

I knew Nintendo had to have more up their sleeve in order to justify the price increase. Which doesn't matter much if the online service is still barebones and N64 games are struggling as is lol but I'm anxious to see what games and console will be coming in the future. May turn out to be worth it down the road

Dataminers have found that at least 38 N64 games & 52 SEGA Genesis games are planned for Nintendo Switch Online - My Nintendo News

Here's my top 10 games I'm hoping make it to be worth it for me:

DK64

Perfect Dark

Diddy Kong Racing

Banjo-Tooie

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Mario Party 1-3

1080 Snowboarding

Pokemon Stadium

And as a LONG shot, Goldeneye

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 26 October 2021

Around the Network

I mean, even if they add another retro console to their service, they're still charging 50$ for decades old games (that you can't purchase separately). Still looks like a terrible deal.

And as for the possible console, it's either the Turbo Graphics 16 or the Sega Saturn.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

This is only newsworthy if one of those games is Ogre Battle 64.
Otherwise, still a bad deal.

Darwinianevolution said:

I mean, even if they add another retro console to their service, they're still charging 50$ for decades old games (that you can't purchase separately). Still looks like a terrible deal.

And as for the possible console, it's either the Turbo Graphics 16 or the Sega Saturn.

While true, it's gonna cost you a crap ton more if you want to get these in any way that isn't a Wii U or emulator.

I'm betting that it'll be Game Boy

I really don't care very much about the Genesis games. There is a Genesis collection I can buy for the Switch that gives me access permanently. 38 N64 games looks good, and, by the order of it, games like Super Smash Bros, Mario Part 1-3, Zelda: Majoras Mask, and even Wave Race will be on there. Good. Another system, such as Gameboy, sounds great as well.

However, with the performance issues of the current N64 games it's a hard no. I'm not going to pay a premium for a service that doesn't run properly. Especially when I currently feel the introductory price is about $15-20 too expensive. If you want my money, Nintendo, either reduce the price and fix the emulation, or add consoles like GBA/GC and fix the emulation. That's the only way I'll bite onto this "expansion pass".

Around the Network

See, if they included all 5 consoles (I assume the unknown one is the Game Boy/Game Boy Color) with all those games from the get go instead of trickling down, then I would at least CONSIDER it.

But as it stands now, that Expansion Pass is a Big Fat NO for me.

Jpcc86 said:

This is only newsworthy if one of those games is Ogre Battle 64.
Otherwise, still a bad deal.

Thank you for reminding me to get OB64 on my Wii U! I had completely forgotten to get it for the Wii VC before Internet services were dropped for that console, but I won't make that same mistake again!

Doctor_MG said:

I really don't care very much about the Genesis games. There is a Genesis collection I can buy for the Switch that gives me access permanently. 38 N64 games looks good, and, by the order of it, games like Super Smash Bros, Mario Part 1-3, Zelda: Majoras Mask, and even Wave Race will be on there. Good. Another system, such as Gameboy, sounds great as well.

However, with the performance issues of the current N64 games it's a hard no. I'm not going to pay a premium for a service that doesn't run properly. Especially when I currently feel the introductory price is about $15-20 too expensive. If you want my money, Nintendo, either reduce the price and fix the emulation, or add consoles like GBA/GC and fix the emulation. That's the only way I'll bite onto this "expansion pass".

If I was Nintendo, I'd go talk to M2 and/or Hamster about becoming an official second party and having them handle all emulation for the NSO. Those two teams handle everything they touch with loving care and never let a game out the door without ensuring its in top shape.

Saturn or Turbo Grafx 16 please

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Inb4 the 4th platform is virtual boy and it requires additional equipment and the internet moans.