By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

I'm satisfied with this package.

Graphics are truly remastered with vastly improved textures and lighting. It doesn't look as good as GTA5, but it really doesn't have to.

Controls are redone in the GTAV style, which make the games much more playable nowadays.

Switch version has gyro controls on top of that.

As a Switch owner, I'd much rather have this package than a port of GTAV, and I wish Nintendo had put this much effort into Super Mario 3D All Stars.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Witcher 3 and Dying Light are, and are a generation ahead of GTA5 on PS3/360, and run on Switch.

Switch is significantly more capable than PS3/360, running their version of GTA5 on it shouldn't pose a problem.

Witcher 3 and Dying Light were made for a gen 8 architeture so it is very much likely easier to port to Switch (that uses a closer architeture to this than to gen7), so the version running on PS3 and X360 would likely need much more work to port than a PS4 and X1 version, which them would need the cuts (sure not possible, but they likely thought that it wasn't worthy at the moment, Switch came long after the PS4 and X1 so it wouldn't be part of the same port effort).

I really doubt Witcher 3 or Dying Light would be easier to port to Switch than PS3/360 games; it's almost always easier to port up than down. And there are already tons of 7th gen ports to Switch, so I don't see architecture being a problem. Heck, the Switch runs a substantially upgraded version of Crysis, probably the most demanding game of that generation.

Loving the art style! Can't wait!

SKMBlake said:

https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/status/1452717342123864074?t=4p-zymbD8WpcK6LxlwjeTQ&s=19

Apparently the game will indeed need an additionnal download on the Switch for the cartridge version.

And Nintendo is actually distributing the game, which is like the weirdest thing ever

Nintendo did this with Wolfenstien II

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Don't forget about the best feature, they cut out the confederate flag.

Around the Network

It seems to be only a video and not actual in-game, but do you think this is real ?

SKMBlake said:

It seems to be only a video and not actual in-game, but do you think this is real ?

Nah he's just playing this video on his switch. Fan made video from 4 years ago. https://youtu.be/7V1vjzxpUkE

SKMBlake said:

Think it's fake. Looks too blurry.

Though it is quite fun how close that fan made video is to the final aesthetic of the actual game.

Zippy6 said:
SKMBlake said:

Nah he's just playing this video on his switch. Fan made video from 4 years ago. https://youtu.be/7V1vjzxpUkE

How can this fan made be this spot on 4 years prior