Finally we are given our first look at the upgrades made to the GTA Trilogy.
The game launches on all consoles and PC on 11th November. Furthermore San Andreas will be available on gamepass day one, and GTA III will be available on PSNOW from December 7th. Physical versions of the game will also launch December 7th.
It's a pretty decent upgrade, the lighting and weather effects especially. Pleasantly surprised, though the $60 price-tag is a bit steep.
Enhancements detailed on the store: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition - Rockstar Games
Updated Player Experience:
- GTA V style controller layout
- Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in SA
- Updated weapon and radio selection wheels
- Updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to sett waypoints to destinations
- The ability to immediately restart a failed mission
- Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
- A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
- Improved water and weather effects
- Enhanced detail in trees and foliage
- Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition
Platform Specific Features:
- 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
- NVIDIA DLSS support for PC
- Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch