By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

Finally we are given our first look at the upgrades made to the GTA Trilogy.

The game launches on all consoles and PC on 11th November. Furthermore San Andreas will be available on gamepass day one, and GTA III will be available on PSNOW from December 7th. Physical versions of the game will also launch December 7th.

It's a pretty decent upgrade, the lighting and weather effects especially. Pleasantly surprised, though the $60 price-tag is a bit steep.

Enhancements detailed on the store: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition - Rockstar Games

Updated Player Experience:

• GTA V style controller layout
  • Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in SA
  • Updated weapon and radio selection wheels
  • Updated mini-maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to sett waypoints to destinations
  • The ability to immediately restart a failed mission

Enhanced Visuals:

• Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
  • A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
  • Improved water and weather effects
  • Enhanced detail in trees and foliage
  • Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition

Platform Specific Features:

• 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
  • NVIDIA DLSS support for PC
  • Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch 
Last edited by Zippy6 - on 22 October 2021

Around the Network

They opted the "remakster" option, I love it.

"The ability to immediately restart a failed mission" Thank goodness for that!!!! Nothing worse than failing one of the more annoying missions and then having to drive all the way back to mission start.

Not bad but not mindblowing either.

Glad the rumor of the PS5 and Xbox Series versions being delayed to next year was false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Image comparison, just screenshotted from the trailer:

Around the Network

Can you play these games without encountering sex, killing people, or committing Grand Theft Auto? Like, if I want to just sit on a bench and feed pigeons at a park in order to beat the game, can I do that?

Nice, but not worth 60 bucks.

Well, I'll play GTA3:R with PS+ and GTA:SA:R with GamePass.

Vice City can wait until the inevitable price drop.

PS Now is getting the PS4 version of GTA3, while Xbox is getting the Series X version of San Andreas. Looks like Playstation drew the short stick on that deal. Wonder why they couldn't get the PS5 version. I would love to play San Andreas on my GamePass, but I don't have the Series X yet.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:

PS Now is getting the PS4 version of GTA3, while Xbox is getting the Series X version of San Andreas. Looks like Playstation drew the short stick on that deal. Wonder why they couldn't get the PS5 version. I would love to play San Andreas on my GamePass, but I don't have the Series X yet.

To be honest the difference between the XBO/PS4 and the PS5/XSX version for this game is probably going to be minor. PSNOW cloud streaming runs on PS4 tech, they've never given out a game you can't stream before so they're limited to PS4.

Oh, it's PS Now? Damn, I thought it would be a PS+ title.

Well, then the 7-day trial of PS Now will have to do.

Last edited by Conina - on 22 October 2021